Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw that too this morning....

I don't think he's going anywhere. He's a madridista through and through, he's old school man. literally =)

I don't see why Roma would want him (beyons Capello's fondness from his days at RM). His game is getting slower, and to be honest, he's a great of the game, a classic, but he's a dinosaur now =)

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
I'm afraid I have to disagree with you Pablo!
Saying Hierro is a dinosaur could not be further from reality! He's 32 (born 1968). I'm not saying that he's at the youngest age, but still, calling him a dinosaur means also calling dinosaurs players like Maldini and Desally (they are his age) and Blanc that's 2 years his senior and still one of the top Serie A CDs. Or Tony Adams that's also his senior (to name just a few DC's for which experience is a huge asset). Even Matthaus was moved there and was doing a great job in Bayern at the age of 39!

Capello is not stupid, he obviously wants him because he thinks he's one of the best alternatives for his team's defense.
I just hope we keep him for ours'!!! :)

I never thought he'd leave Madrid, I hope he finishes his career as a madridista. If he does, I'll be truly and deeply dissapointed :( :( :(

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hala-

You mentioned great players who are over-the-hill, but I don't think Hierro is at the top of his game. Maybe it was a bad season, and I hope so!

I would be shocked beyond words if he were to leave, but he just seems to loyal to his team. I would be like if Sanchis left for another team. You just can't imagine it.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Well, I deeply believe it was just a bad year for him (like last year had been for Redondo). Having watched Hierro play all these years for Real Madrid and Spain, I consider him as one of the top european defenders, that's why I compared him with all these players.

I don't know if I'm a bit biased :) but that's my view on him and his game.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Fabio Capello wants Hierro to move to Roma. He was Real's former coach and considers Hierro as one of the best players in the world. Sanz and Co. say that the decision is completely up to Hierro. They want to keep him in Real (so does del Bosque) but if he decides to leave they will respect his wish and will not stand in his way.
For the moment, the only known thing is that Fernando has always declared that he's a madridista and wants to stay in Real.

Could Fernando be leaving? Oh NOOOOO :( :( :(

I hope not.

P.S. This comes from Marca as well.

[This message has been edited by hala (edited 01-06-2000).]

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Come on! If this is true, I'm Raul meself :) Hierro will not leave if Sanz wants him to stay! Anyway, we won't know until after EURO 2000, because Camacho has not allowed any speculation among the players during the tournament. Ruff ride, hehe? :)

------------------
Patryk L. AKA labas

1 - 6 of 6 Posts