Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Capello: Roma is my last club Friday 5 April, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fabio Capello has announced that Roma will be his last foray into club football, paving the way for the Azzurri job.

The Coach extended his contract with the Giallorossi until 2005 this week, ending speculation of a summer move to Barcelona.

“This is my final decision,” smiled the former Milan man. “I will not manage any more clubs after this.”

The statement leaves the door open for a future on the Italy bench, but Capello – who had been shortlisted by England before Sven Goran Eriksson’s appointment – refused to comment.

“I am not thinking about the Nazionale right now and I don’t wish to think about it. I will do something else to keep me occupied.”

Capello has long been linked with the Azzurri post but opted to head for the Italian title with Roma.

Giovanni Trapattoni has admitted he is uncertain of his future following the 2002 World Cup and it is not out of the question that the Roma boss could bail on his contract to represent his country.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I thought he would end up in Barcelona next season after all the rumors. And man were there rumors about it every single day on the press.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts