Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the defeat to Villareal,where by fielding un understregth team in Spain we lost 2-0 and could not overturn the deficit in Rome,and having watched a woeful display against Bologna,I feel that Capello may have played his part in our latest slump of form.Why not just always play your strongest team,and try and win every game.He tries to calculate who are our hardest games are against and do we put more effort in UEFA Cup or La Serie A.For instance,
1.He brings on Del Vecchio against Bologna who in turn is substituted with Carew.Del Vecchio is clearly out of form.
2.Cassano who scored the Roma goal is substituted for Montella.Cassano is clearly our in form attacker at the moment.Montella is no where near 100%.
3.Carew never links play and mostly heads or knocks the ball down to the Bologna defenders.He is too much an opportunistic player,where as Roma play to feet with close passing.
4.If we are drawing with 20 minutes to go,why not just leave Cassano on take off a defender,as Bologna only play with one up front,and our defenders could cope with them playing on the break.Lima should have been subbed and we should have thrown Montella on.We just did not need to sub an attacker for an attacker(twice).There are times you throw caution to the wind.This was one of them.
:depress:
Capello has to take his share of the blame lately as his approach in these games has left us once again trophyless.

·
Rated [D] for Danger
5,472 Posts
talking in general, not just about the Bologna match, Cap had lost his touch a long time ago, you don't have to look no further than Lima playing week in and week out to question Cap's sense let alone his coaching skills.

of course players take some of the blame but you can't turn a blind eye to Cap's responsibility in whipping his players into shape or his more than questionable tactic decisions, which makes him take most of the blame in my opinion.

you can't blame Cap for fielding different teams in the two competitions though, had he not then the physical strain would've caught up with our players and really screwed the squad, let alone that the injury chance is much lower that way.

we need a fresh new approach to tactics, an approach with no fear of tacking chances, and approach with no one above being subbed and finally and approach with no Lima in the staring 11 in it.

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
It is just such a huge anti-climax to come from leading the league a few weeks ago to now, in third place, 11 points behind Milan with 2nd place our only realistic goal. We need to play the tridente again and we do need Lima off the field(even if he was alright today).

In relation to the original question i think its impossible to play a full team every week in every competition, fatigue and injuries become real issues even when rotating with as weak a bench as we have. You a member of addicts forum by any chance Roma 10?

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Maybe he signed already with another team, so in the back of his mind since milan is so strong, he just aint as focus, who knows, but yea he lost his touch you need a new coach.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
jack goff said:
Maybe he signed already with another team, so in the back of his mind since milan is so strong, he just aint as focus, who knows, but yea he lost his touch you need a new coach.
If he has it's definetly not Inter...:howler:

·
On Planet Z
6,520 Posts
romafan53 said:
It is just such a huge anti-climax to come from leading the league a few weeks ago to now, in third place, 11 points behind Milan with 2nd place our only realistic goal.
You can say that again. :depress:

·
Registered
13,063 Posts
Somewhere in the back of my mind I remember our fearless Roma....that of the scudetto season and pre-Capello. But starting the season after our scudetto in which we placed a strong second, Capello has been almost Trapp-like....paralyzed in certain instances, unwilling to take the necessary risks in others. The tridente issue is a reoccurring issue each season - not just this season when we had no effective strikers on the bench. Capello started withdrawing it even when we still had Bati after we won the scudetto. He insisted on Lima for years now and it hasn't paid off an iota. We've suffered for creativity now for many moons. Has D'Agostino gotten even a run this year in Serie A? It's the same thing year after year - Capello has failed us in Europe by not playing his best and lost two scudettos now by losing to and underrating numerous inferior opponents. It's sad, really. Did you see how Del Neri approached the Milan match at San Siro - for 75 mins. - pure unafraid mastery. Capello would play a 4-5-1 at San Siro and let Zebina dribble the ball up and Panucci make long balls.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
We need to buy Gilardino :rolleyes: give Parma Delvecchio and Aquilani (on a seasons loan) in exchange :D

Honestly though, Capello has done badly for us lately, the tactics against a team who is clearly going to defend against us is very poor, we needed to play wide, but if Lima is going to be a wide man, then we should hve just given up. We only need 3 defenders from the start with Candela and Mancini being the wing backs providing width. Also the tridente could have been upfront, if not that, then an extra midfielder (Tommasi) to win the midfield better than what we did.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Deano said:
We need to buy Gilardino :rolleyes: give Parma Delvecchio and Aquilani (on a seasons loan) in exchange :D
You can only dream...:tongue:

I don't think Capello has lost anything...he has been doing a good job with what he has which is very little...give him some credit. If Roma had more depth we would be seeing some different scenerio's from the ones you see now, Roma started well...full-steam ahead and now when depth is needed they have none to rest important key players and still keep the quality through out. Fatigue is settling in...and psychologically Roma will be looking back in anger at rued chances...which is not good...they need to concentrate and take each game at a time...

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
I agree Capello is losing his touch

I say we get a coach who can turn Carew in Adriano and make Cassano behave like Samuel
A coach who can make the knackered team play like they have taken 100 steriods and beat a team who plays old school catenaccio on us

I know who this Man is....Merlin :rolleyes:

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
it seems now that not only lippi is getting criticised, but now even Capello. two of the most successful coaches in serie A right now.

anyway, in terms of squad rotation, it was clear that roma was always going to have some problems with it. your starting 11 is great, but back ups are not an abundance. and this is why Milan has been so good this season. they have great depth.

every team is going to slip up. Milan hasnt really slipped up all season, but they are bound to. It almost happened this morning, so its not impossible.

·
Registered
13,063 Posts
Supporters of Capello keep bringing up our lack of depth and squad rotation....well as I tried to point out, Capello had tactical difficulties even when he had a bigger bench. His problems extend back two years. 8th place last year, remember? And this year, why didn't he rotate D'Agostino and DeRossi more? They sat on the bench the whole year; meanwhile, we traded away Sartor and others that would have assisted with depth.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Supporters of Capello keep bringing up our lack of depth and squad rotation
You forgot the key word

Some Supporters

Btw you have to do the best with what you have

Capello obviously does this because he has 5 championship titles
With 3! different clubs

Primo you can pick faults out in everyman
Totti Cassano Capello etc

But you cannot deny one's greatness

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Fabiocapello said:
Yeah it is pretty nice

I might use it as my sig

As soon as the 1 month is over

I lost a bet with Boomer
In checkers
And so you have to have your a drag queen as your sig? :cool: :D

My promotional whore...got Inter supporters thinking I'm a female...:D...

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Fabiocapello said:
Yes I have to

Though Im hoping to have a rematch
:(
Play chess a real board game...plus you get to flex your brain...checkers is rather simple...and you can effectively play in the same way every game...rather boring...:sleepy:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts