Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Capello casts Samp loss aside

Juve are ready to move on after their shock defeat to Sampdoria, as Fabio Capello looks forward to a revival against Palermo this evening.

“These things happen,” he said of Wednesday’s 1-0 home loss. “If we look at the performance then it wasn’t all that bad. Francesco Antonioli had one of the best games of his career in goal and Gianluigi Buffon never got to touch the ball.”

Nonetheless, the result has cut Juve’s lead at the top of the table to just five points and this trip to Sicily could be tricky.

“We must take it one game at a time. All we need to know is that we are the leaders, so we’ll look at the results coming in from other encounters at the final whistle and not before.”

Jonathan Zebina and Ruben Olivera return from suspension, but the Bianconeri lose Mauro German Camoranesi, Olivier Kapo and Pavel Nedved.

“I read some sources claim that Kapo was substituted in the Samp game as a tactical decision,” commented Capello. “He’s out for a fortnight now, so that clearly wasn’t the case. Nedved is better now and we hope to have him back in full training from Tuesday.”

Alessandro Del Piero played the entire 90 minutes at the Delle Alpi and it ended in defeat for Juventus. Will he be pushed out by the return of Zlatan Ibrahimovic?

“Del Piero did his duty,” assured the Coach. “He was also unlucky not to score with a good chance. Ibrahimovic is a very important player who can hold up the ball and help the squad. At times you really need a centre-forward with that physical presence.”

The Swede is almost certain to partner David Trezeguet in Sicily, where is the counterpart to Palermo hitman Luca Toni. Juve have already been held to a 1-1 draw by Francesco Guidolin’s team and Capello is not underestimating their potential.

“I think that Palermo are capable of aiming for a Champions’ League spot. I said at the start of the season that the surprise packages would be Udinese, Sampdoria and Palermo. It’ll be particularly difficult against a well-drilled defence.”

channal4.com

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Obviously a rare slip up by Juve and shock defeat,I can't see them slipping at Palermo despite how tricky the game will be.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Maybe Juve pissed this ref off or something. :pp

1 - 5 of 5 Posts