Xtratime Community banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eric Cantona has revealed that he was supporting England during Euro 2000 rather than his native France, and that he feels that they were unlucky not to qualify for the latter stages.

Cantona, in England to play in a beach football tournament, revealed on Radio Five Live: "I didn't watch any of the France games at Euro 2000.

"I supported the English and will always support England. I feel closer to them than the French. I watched all the England games and thought Keegan was unlucky. I was surprised England didn't go through.

"They are not weak. They have very good players here - I should know because I played with some of them at Manchester United."

Cantona believes that attack is the best form of defence for England in future.

"They scored so many goals and I can't understand why they started defending when they went two goals in front against Portugal.

"I think they are better when they try to score goals. If they play like they did in the first 20 minutes against Portugal, they will beat anybody.

"However, I would like to see France win a big competition when all their players are playing in France."

1 - 1 of 1 Posts