Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good news for the Canton/Akron folks (and Cleveland too!)

I called Tlaquebuque restaurant in Canton and they confirmed they would be watching at 10 pm on Telemundo

Tlaquebuque Restaurant
4460 Dressler Rd. NW
Canton, OH
330-649-9109

He said a "few would be watching" and welcomed my Yanqui presence.

Anyone else in the area interested in coming for some late night Mexican food and good banter with the El Tri fans? I don't want to be the only one there for the USA!

John

·
Registered
7,106 Posts
I'll be laying on my couch watching the game several hundred miles away, but have a good time man.

Let us know what the hell "Tlaquebuque" means, also.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Welcome Johnny

Nice to have a new body here in the U.S. soccer forum. We look forward to hearing more from you.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I went to the qualifier in Columbus last February. The Mexican fans were passionate but good natured. They took their drubbing with real class. Wish the fans luck at the restaurant, cheer for the Yanquis and avoid the menudo.:D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Un-FREAKING-real.

I arrive at Tlaquebuque in Canton at 9:40pm and the place is dark as can be, marquee turned off, but a couple cars in the lot. I go to the door and see the "open till 10 pm on the door". Door is locked. I knock on that door, no answer Then the back loading dock door. No answer. Not a person in the restaurant.

Then just as I'm leaving some worker comes the front door and asks me whats up....

"I thought you were showing the game on telemundo at 10pm?"

"No, we're closed"

"But I called earlier and they said you would be showing El Tri and the USA?"

"Sorry, we're closed."

I am so bitter right now. I simply can't beleive the hoops we have to go through to see our national team in this country.

Oh, and match tracker on US Soccer is not working.

I apologize to anyone who might have made the trip to the restaurant....They told me at 12 pm today that they would indeed be showing it. Then they shut us out.

Incredible.

John

·
Registered
7,106 Posts
As a commercial establishment, they probably would have to pay a rights fee to legally show the live telecast. Maybe the employees and some regulars were in there watching behind the locked doors? Bummer for you though....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts