Xtratime Community banner

If you had to choose one to be our starter, who'd be?

• Total voters
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very disappointed with what Paolo has done in the last 2 years or so. He seemed to be a talented player a year ago, it was a possitive period in '21 for him, he was often flawless. However Serie A proved that he is menthally too weak, he keeps making mistakes everytime. As much as I'd love to see him playing for us I can't tolerate the amount of loser-acts he does. I think he should not play. He has had enough time to prove himself.

Bovo is going through a bad period. But is he the first defender to fail after a move? He is young and he plays only sometimes which makes his situation harder. And he impressed during the last season in Serie A which is still unreachable for Paolo. In addition he has been a regular quality starter for '21, I think we shouldn't stop trusting him. I know he's costed us quite many points but he may improve. Paolo won't.

I want Bonera-Bovo partnership! Of course having Cardone2003 would be great too.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
I'd like a Cardone - Contini partnership .. with Bonera and Potenza on the flanks ..

Why can't we vote for Contini ? That'd be my vote.

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
I would probably go for Cannavaro to be a starter but by a very little margin.

At the moment both are very average defenders.

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dredg: I just want to compare these players, this poll is not about who is the best.

·
Banned
2,825 Posts
Marco, I hate Bovo, I think Paolo would be play better if he had an experinced defender alongside him---Cardone or Bonera. Anyway I think we should play this back 4

Ferronetti____Bonera____Contini____Potenza

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
I dont like Bovo too. In that many years I support Parma there were not many players I didnt like, but Bovo is definetely one. My vote goes to Paolo, maybe he is not better, but at least he is a Parma-player.

As for the central defence, I would like to see Bonera and Potenza or Cannavaro and Potenza.

·
Banned
2,825 Posts
Djet, you are the last one out of all us in the forums (except Mario) to see parma play live. Do you think that Potenza is better than Contini in the middle of defence ?

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
From what I've seen... Paolo may make the occasionaly mistake, but at least he has some calmness and technical ability in him. He will usually pass the ball or try to clear with some intelligence. Bovo is an violent idiot who ALSO makes mistakes all the time.

Cannavaro might not be the best defender, but Bovo is the next Materazzi (ok, perhaps not so twisted)... Materazzi at 21? No, no, no...

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
Potenza hasn't played centre-back for Parma, I don't think. Apparently he had a lot of success at youth levels at Inter, at both centre-back and left-back.

I think it was Jimmy from the Inter forum who had some information on him before.

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
You are wrong ;)

Potenza played centre-back for us a few games. Both matches that I have seen at the Tardini he played central, Contini always on the left. Indeed, I dont know how Contini does as central, but I think that he is okay on the left and I like Potenza in the middle.
I will be watching every Parma-game from now on though, so I may give you more information in a few weeks ;)

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Djet what channel do you see every game on ?

Contini played left last week, and did well. I also saw him play central again Inter, and he played very well.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
I always hated Bovo & new he would be rubbish.

It's just tragic that I can't take more pleasure from being right.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts