Xtratime Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
If he goes there it willbe because of Milan giving a better offer, and the fact that Ancelotti is Cannavaro's preferred coach (stated so at the Parma official site).

As far as friends goes- I think his best friend (in the football business at least) remains Buffon- at leeast Buffon has stated that Canna is his best friend on several occasions. Canna has spoken of his admiration and friendship with fellow Neapolitano "Grand Pa" Ferrara too, and there's Thuram in the side also.

Anyway- Canna will go where Sacchi and Tazni sells him- but it appears it will be Juve or Milan.

Awesome player, but a silly purchase unless Thuram is sold.. in my view.

Ciao.

·
Registered
17,029 Posts
glen, even if thuram doesnt leave, buying cannavaro is not a stupid idea.

Montero is like 32 now and he is injured a lot. we can't say that he is gonna be around playing great for the near future.

cannavaro is 28 or 29, and he is a player who has at least 4 good years left in him, which is more than Montero.

Ferrara's last year will be next season.

Iuliano is going to be 30 next season as well.

So a player like Cannavaro, who is one of the best in the world and is better than Montero, Iuliano, should be a player to purchase.

if we can get cannavaro now, even by swapping montero as it has been mentioned for him, we should do it.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
CUG: No quarrels if you're talking Nesta, but Canna and Iuliano are almost the same age.

Our defence is awesome, our midfield isn't, and there's only so much money to be spent. I'm saying that CAnna is a luxury we can do without, but if our needs are looked after, then I'll be happy to see Canna at Juve of course. I think he will arrive and Thuram leave though.

Ciao.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.