Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Real Madrid defender Fabio Cannavaro has taken a swipe at Inter hit-man Zlatan Ibrahimovic and the World Cup-winning stopper has reminded the Sweden international to look at his own achievements before talking.

Both players were part of Fabio Capello's Juventus side back in 2006 before they went separate ways after Calciopoli.

Cannavaro has revealed that Ibra always taunted him at Juve and the stopper has hit back.

"If Ibra wants to see the Ballon d'Or then he has to come to my house to do so," Cannavaro told Il Corriere Dello Sport.

"When we were at Juve, Ibra used to say: 'the only reason you have won the Scudetto is because of me, before you had nothing.'

"After, he went to Inter and I to Real Madrid. I won a World Cup, a Ballon d'Or and two championships. I have massacred him."

Ibrahimovic on the other hand has not done as well as the defender in terms of honours, winning three Scudetti on the bounce with Inter.

A reaction from the striker is expected following Cannavaro's words.

------
from channel4

this is funny

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i wouldnt think its proper on cannas part for this, but knowing what ibras been saying, good for canna!

·
Administrator
53,209 Posts
hahaha, lets hope its true. That Ibra said that, likely he did. Bit weird Canna says it openly, but, I massacre him is pretty funny :D

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the winterbreak is quite something.

First Eto with the sarcasm, and now this.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
is Ibra the type not to respond?

or would he have responded if Inter had not tied against Cagliari..

plus what has pushed Canna to say this now?

·
Registered
46,039 Posts
This is pretty funny. :D

The World Cup part makes it a very loaded question.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
Canna still have no scudetto. Ibra got two, with a third on the way.
Nice try.

While Ibra won the 2 scudettos Canna won 2 La Liga's.

And Real have no Moratti, even though they do get some help.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
And Zlatan still acknowledges the Scudetti won at Juve.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts