Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MILAN, May 11 (AFP)
Parma's Italian international defender Fabio Cannavaro is set to tie up a move to newly-crowned Italian first division champions Juventus, ANSA news agency reported on Saturday.
Cannavaro, who will be a starting member of Italy coach Giovanni Trapattoni's team in the World Cup, will sign a five-year contract with the Turin club in a deal which will be formally announced next week, the report said.
Juve transfer supremo Luciano Moggi and the player's agent have already agreed personal terms while the deal is said to be worth 25 million euros (23.4 million dollars) plus two players from Juve to Parma, a deal that would be close to a world record for a defender.
Ironically a world record was set last summer when Cannavaro's former team-mate Frenchman Lilian Thuram moved to Juve from Parma.
Either midfielder Enzo Maresca or Italian international Alessio Tacchinardi, who did not make Trapattoni's squad, could be one of the players to go to Parma although the latter is also wanted by AC Milan.
Cannavaro, who started out with home-town club Napoli, has spent seven successful seasons with Parma and is a key-member of Trapattoni's three-man defensive unit that also features AC Milan defender Paolo Maldini and Alessandro Nesta of Lazio.
Cannavaro did not play in the Parma team that beat Juve 1-0 to lift the Italian Cup on the away goals rule on Friday evening as he was suspended.

·
Banned
188 Posts
This does not look like a good deal to me, Enzo Maresca, Tacchinardi, both good players but unlikely to turn the club's fortune around, add in Brighi and one other player(Igor Tudor :D , well the club board should at least try it or even get veteran Ciro Ferrara) and then it looks like a good deal (But still not great).

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
I don't see it is bad deal he is going, I would rather it be Milan, but if it is being around £25m and two players for a near on 29 year old is not a bad deal.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
I think it's €25M and ONE player. It says "either Maresca or Tacchinardi"... I also don't think Brighi is out of the question just yet. His agent said that Brighi doesn't mind going to Parma as he wants to have a place in the starting 11. Now it's up to Lippi...

BTW, Rochemback might be a thug but he's a damn good player. I'm watching Zaragoza-Barca just now and Rochemback looks like a complete footballer. Add some maturity and you'll have a champion.

·
Banned
188 Posts
I agree Rochemback is a good player who "gives it all" on the pitch and would be a good replacement for Boghossian and Sicknote Almeyda. Brighi is also top quality

I don't think its a good deal, Fabio may be 29 but he is the best player at the club and we will suffer if we lose him(Its not like we have any replacements for him in our squad), so we have to get a good deal for him to compensate our loss.

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
VERDI said:
I think it's €25M and ONE player. It says "either Maresca or Tacchinardi"...
Again, no disrespect to Cannavaro but that's an awful lot of cash. And we just spent a ton of it on Thuram, moreover we have a decent defence line, I'd rather have Cannavaro join Milan.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
numerodix,
It's not your money so why do you care? Juventus look like they could afford anything... They probably destroy Parma for fun. I wonder what it feels like to support such a club.

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
VERDI said:
numerodix,
It's not your money so why do you care? Juventus look like they could afford anything... They probably destroy Parma for fun. I wonder what it feels like to support such a club.
I care because it matters to the club, no? And if they get Canna, they won't get someone else, more importantly they'll probably sell one of the people we have now, that I don't want, is that clear enough for you? :)

And I have a feeling you wouldn't mind destroying Juve on your own, so what's with questioning me about it? :tongue:

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Sacchi delays £16m Cannavaro switch to Juve

Saturday 11th May 2002

Italy defender Fabio Cannavaro has urged Parma sports director Arrigo Sacchi to make up his mind on a player to sign as a makeweight in his £16 million transfer to champions Juventus. "I want Parma to choose quickly," said the 28-year-old.

Sacchi has agreed to release Cannavaro for £16 million after talks on Friday with Juventus directors Luciano Moggi and Antonio Giraudo.

Cannavaro is set to sign a five-year deal at the Stadio dell Alpi worth £2.8 million a season, but the deal cannot go through until the two sides agree on which player will move in the other direction.

Sacchi has asked for midfielder Matteo Brighi, who has impressed this season with Bologna, but is owned by Juventus.

But Moggi was adamant that Brighi will not be going to the Ennio Tardini: "It's true we are interested in Fabio Cannavaro," he said. "It's true Parma have asked for Brighi - but we will not sell our young midfielder even if we are threatened with a pistol."

Juventus are reported to have offered Parma a choice of midfielders out of Alessio Tacchinardi and Enzo Maresca. Sacchi will meet Moggi again on Monday where the former Italy coach is expected to select his preferred player.

Cannavaro has urged a quick decision, saying: "I want Parma to choose quickly, because I absolutely want to know which team I will play for next season before I fly to Japan for the World Cup."

The 28-year-old Neapolitan almost left for Lazio last summer when the Rome club offered £16 million plus Paolo *****. Parma rebuffed the advances of Lazio, who went on to sign Holland defender Jaap Stam from Manchester United.

Cannavaro, who started his career at Napoli, admitted earlier this season that he would relish a move to Juventus. "Who would not want to wear the black-and-white jersey?" he asked.

"I would have no problems moving there. I have lots of friends there - Buffon, Ciro Ferrara. Juventus are Juventus. They are the club who have won the most trophies in Italy."

onefootball

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Ok, I see... Juventus are steamrolling us. Like always. Thanks for trying though, Sacchi... :(

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
So it has gone frlom £33m to £25m to £16. If they are selling him for £16m and a player, I would rather keep him.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
It was the same with Thuram. First it was £33M but it ended up with £23M.

The total value for Cannavaro is said to be around £21M. Or €35M. Which is around $30M. Pretty lame IMO.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Come on Arrigo, don't back down, get what you want, or tell Juve to fvck off:fero:

I'd say Brighi & Maresca & £16m would get me to sell Canna to Juve, but lets see just what resolve Sacchi has:rolleyes:

·
Banned
188 Posts
cannavaro77, Adani is a good player and versatile but can never replace Cannavaro.

The deal does not look like benefiting anyone but Juventus
:confused: :fero: :groan: :dontcare: :dazed: :eek: :mad: :mad: :( :( :(

If you sell a player, a team should compensate for his loss, but like the sales of Crespo, Thuram, Buffon, Veron, Fiore etc, Parma will be a poorer side without Fabio:mad:

·
Registered
480 Posts
Cannavaro deal already done? Sunday 12 May, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are reports that Juventus have agreed a deal to take Fabio Cannavaro to Turin.

A meeting between Bianconeri general director Luciano Moggi and Parma patron Calisto Tanzi on Saturday evening is said to have finalised details for the move.

According to Kataweb, Juventus will hand over £15m cash plus either Enzo Maresca or Alessio Tacchinardi (the latter is also a target for Milan) and Ternana forward Fabrizio Miccoli.

The defender himself would be tempted to the Delle Alpi with a five-year contract said to be worth in the region of £2.8m per season.

The arrival of Cannavaro would free up Lilian Thuram to head towards Manchester United.

The ex-Parma defender only arrived 12 months ago for £23m and could be used as a way of bringing Juan Sebastian Veron back to Serie A, although the Argentine would prefer a return to his old club Lazio.

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
QASIM, I obviously know this as Canna is my fave player and I feel no defender is better in Italy. I am saying that we have somebody ligned up to replace him, that being Adani.

·
Banned
188 Posts
What the F**K, did I just hear Ternana forward Fabrizio Miccoli is part of the deal, WHAT IS SACCHI DOING, WE ONCE OWNED MICCOLI.

Give me strength

This proves it the Parma board have no idea of making good signings.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts