Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
04/06/2002. AC Milan have emerged as new favourites to sign Parma defender Fabio Cannavaro at the end of the season.

The Gialloblu look set to offload the 28-year-old in the summer after another poor Serie A campaign.

It has now emerged that the Rossoneri are set to offer midfielder Massimo Donati plus a huge cash sum in a deal worth around £33 million.

Juventus, Inter and Manchester United have all been linked to the Italian international but this latest report would suggest that Milan have stolen a march on their rivals.

---------------------------------------------------

I think £33M is worth around $50M. I think it's a good deal for Cannavaro. But only as long as they don't rate Donati higher than $15M. Because that wouldn't be fair...

Meanwhile Moggi has offered Carini + Tacchinardi + $45M for Cannavaro and Di Vaio... Total value of that offer should be around $80M. Which means we would get around $30M for Di Vaio.

Basically I prefer the Milan bid. I have a feeling Frey will stay so Carini wouldn't be needed. Plus with Milan we could get to keep Di Vaio.

BTW, need I say that the Juve rumour is from Tuttosport? :D

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Preferably I liked to keep Fabio because the midfield is more than strong enough, so as good as Massimo is I don't think we will need him. Arguably we don't need Fabio in defence with both Matteo & Daniele next season, but is it really wise to sell your captain every season?

I'd rather sell Marco & then sign someone who can work with Hakan/Bonna, a more creative support, but still a good poacher.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Since the Juve bid would mean that we would sell Frey, Di Vaio and Cannavaro I'm glad that it's a Tuttosport rumour. I really don't want that to happen.
The Milan bid seems fair though. I rather sell Canna to Milan then Juve.
And what the hell would we want with Tacchinardi? :yuck:
Two of their benchplayer for our two jewels? No thanks.

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
Before reading this topic, I have just read about this at the Football Italia's channel 4 website.
33m and Donati for a guy who will be 29 on September 13 seems good to me.
I think Cannavaro is great, and one of my fave players in the world, but considering he will be 29 at the start of the new season, and for such a big offer I don't see how we can reject.

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Although I like the rumour involving Juventus, it's nothing more than tuttosport bull unfortunately :(

And Canna's asking price is too high.

·
Banned
188 Posts
Around £50M for Fabio, wow these bids can't be for real, I wish Fabio good luck where ever he goes, he is a Parma legend and always will be, at the age of 28, he wants to win Lo Scudetto and it looks unlikely that Parma will do it in the near future, (I pray for that day)

Good Luck Fabio

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No no... Not £50M. "Only" £33M. Which is around $50M. Hence the number 50... :)

As long as he doesn't join Juve I'm happy...

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
Out of all the big Italian clubs I would rather him join Milan. It would be good for us if he wernt in Italy, but not for Italy as a nation.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I wanna keep him
He's ours :)
Even though it makes sense to sell him i wanna keep him :)
Anyways who says we can't try for the scudetto next year
I mean why would he goto to milan they seem to e having thier own mini crisis
Theres only 3 teams that are still strong Juve Roma INter
And if CAnna has to leave let him leave to Real
But i really really hope he stays would make a nice change for once.
As far as i know Di Vaio says he'd like to stay :)
We really need a season where we only sell the flops :)

·
Registered
452 Posts
I rate Cannavaro very high, and I think he is the best in that position. Nesta is having a bad season, and no one else is in that level.

50M is a fair price for him. I respect his loyalty for the club, but we also need to connsider his dream for winning scudeto. I can't see Parma win scudeto if they keep selling their best players.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Gunners: Canna isn't having a very good season either.

We should get a good offer for him, and it's been expected for a pretty long time that he's leaving so it's probably for the best.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
The thing is ak that we can't guarandee a scudetto or even a challenge for it to Fabio and the money we will get for him is ridiculous. He is 29 and has had an average season yet his price is huge. I do appreciate and love Fabio and I know that if Parma had even a remote chance of fighting for the scudetto he would stay with pleasure, but it is time to move on.

Anyway, the race for Cannavaro is getting hotter. The negotiations with Juventus have stopped on the basis that we demand Brighi in the deal while Juve just wont give him. Milan has bid 25 million euros plus Roque Junior, a big which was rejected without further discussion since only player we would accept for Milan is Donati.

Can we get Juventus desperate enough to give us Brighi? I hope so even though I doubt it. Lets not forget that I predict Inter and Roma to enter the stage soon which means more money for us. :happy:

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Getting either Brighi or Donati would be great, but maybe we could get a left winger from someone???

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Amo: I know Brighi is as hot as it gets after the great season he's having. It would be great if we could get him, but if so I think Juve would overestimate his value. Maybe we would get Brighi togheter with $15m or something like that. Wich means that Brighis value would be around $30m. Of course not realistic, but nevertheless it could be the only way Juve would agree such a deal.

Couldn't it be wiser to go for Maresca? He's not as hot as Brighi, but his talant is unquestionable and I think we could get at least $ 30m togheter with him for Canna (these sums are really obscene). And Maresca also seems determined to leave to get more playing time.
I'm a little worried Brighi may want to hit it big in Juve and could be dissapointed if he's forced to play in Parma.

Aslong as we doesn't agree on deal that includes players we really don't need. I wouldn't someone like Tacchinardi or Roque Junior in Parma. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Despite his average season, I do rate Tacchinardi. He is a destroyer and a good one in that and he has been among Juve's top player for the past two years. I wouldn't be jumping on the moon if we got him but I wouldn't mind him. On Roque Junior I wholeheartly agree, he is a monkey and we dont need him. Though, a decent coach could make him really great because he has everything to succeed apart from brain. Anyway, he is crap.

Regarding Brighi. We're talking about the best young player in Italy (along with Marchionni) and I honestly don't care if Juve overvalue him. Such a player along with Marchionni, Appiah and Matuzalem give you a midfield to dominate for years!

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
If we play 4-4-2 next season there wouldn't be a place for Tacchinardi, as IMO he's no two way player. He's good at the defensive aspect though. And if we play with some kind of diamond midfield next season he could probably be a good choice.
But I really don't like him, and I can't see him wanting parma either.

About Brighi maybe you're right. But we lack some experience in midfield. Except Lamouchi, there are no experienced midfielder that is clear for next season. Boghossian is probably leaving along with Almeyda. Nakata is a questionmark right now. And Micoud seems destined to leave too.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Our midfield situation is indeed weird. Considering that the only confirmed for next season are Lamouchi, Marchionni and to some extent Appiah, we will be adding at least 4 new players. Two of them are probably Matuzalem and that Bresciano dude. And we're obviously trying for one more central midfielder, be that Brighi, Donati, Liverani, Fiore or whoever. Then there are strong rumors for that Argentinian from River Plate, Zapata. And we also own Alex who could be an option for the left wing, and we dont even know what will happen with Nakata. It seems only sure thing is that Almeyda, Micoud, Boghossian and Bolano are gone.

So confusing.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Parma: Sacchi stringe per Cruz del Bologna, affare possibile

Il Parma al termine della stagione operera' una rifondazione dell'organico. Certa la partenza di Cannavaro, quasi quelle di Di Vaio, Frey, Djetou, Appiah, Taffarel e Micoud. In entrata, il responsabile dell'area tecnica Arrigo Sacchi si e' gia' assicurato il giovane centrocampista dell'Empoli Bresciano. C'e' un discorso aperto con la Lazio per diversi giocatori: Fiore, Liverani, Baronio e Negro, ma la novita' piu' rilevante e' che i dirigenti emiliani stanno facendo grandi passi avanti per il centravanti argentino del Bologna Julio Cruz (29 presenze e 10 gol in questa stagione). Sacchi ritiene che l'ex attaccante del Feyenoord possa essere la spalla ideale per Di Vaio, ovviamente nella speranza che quest'ultimo rimanga. Cruz comunque, vanta parecchi estimatori anche in Inghilterra ed in Spagna. Pero', e' da escludere la prima pista, in quanto al giocatore, se pur nazionale argentino, mancano le presenze internazionali necessarie per ottenere il permesso di lavoro.

Luca Cattani

------------------------------------------------

Confusing stuff.

Basically the man is saying that Cannavaro is out of here. Which is true. 100%. He goes on to say that Di Vaio, Frey, Appiah, Djetou, Micoud and Taffarel are also going to be sold most probably. We've all heard the rumours on Di Vaio and Frey. But why Appiah?!? :frustrat: Why can't we give this guy a break? :confused:

Funnily enough he changes his mind and say that we're interested in Cruz because he would be an ideal partner for Di Vaio... I just don't get this dude.

As for Cruz. I really think he could be a good buy. He's finally adjusted to Serie A and scores almost every game now.

Finally, I'd much rather keep Appiah than buying some midfielder from Lazio for crazy money.

Out of our midfielders I hope we keep Nakata, Lamouchi, Marchionni and Appiah. In fact, I'd like to see these four be our starters in midfield next season. Nakata on the left, Marchionni on the right and Appiah-Lamouchi in the center. Then we would need at least four backups. Bresciano is one. I don't know much about him but I think he's too offensive to play in the center so he'd have to be an option for one, or both, of the wings. Obviously I'd be thrilled if we signed Doni but that won't happen. I don't think we should sign Fiore or Liverani either as that would cost more than it's worth. Baronio could work well as Lamouchi's sub though. What's more? A solid central mid and another winger. Maybe Donati and Zapata or something?

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
This article is crap, Di Vaio and Frey are staying, and so is Appiah. Makes no sense selling him.

Anyway, Julio Cruz is no good. He is SO slow, so skilless and his finishing is very, very questionable as well. He is not a solution...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts