Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cannavaro in Figo swap? (what about van der Meyde?)

Tuesday 20 April, 2004

Reports in Italy are suggesting that Inter are ready to offer Fabio Cannavaro to Real Madrid in exchange for Luis Figo.

The Portuguese ace (pictured) may be on his way out of the capital with a move to the Premiership being touted.

However, Inter chief Massimo Moratti is a fan on the talented winger and he is keen to land the international.

Whispers in Milan suggest that the Nerazzurri will offer Real Madrid the services of Cannavaro in a straight swap deal.

The Italian has had a difficult stint at the San Siro and the Spanish giants would be keen to add him to their shaky defence.

However, the former Napoli star may scupper the deal after he recently confirmed that he had no intention of leaving the peninsula.

"Firstly, I do not want to leave Inter," said the Azzurri defender. "They are Italian, I feel Italian and I still consider our League the best in the world.

"If I was forced to leave Inter, I would only move to another Serie A team."

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Cannavaro in Figo swap? Tuesday 20 April, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reports in Italy are suggesting that Inter are ready to offer Fabio Cannavaro to Real Madrid in exchange for Luis Figo.

The Portuguese ace (pictured) may be on his way out of the capital with a move to the Premiership being touted.

However, Inter chief Massimo Moratti is a fan on the talented winger and he is keen to land the international.

Whispers in Milan suggest that the Nerazzurri will offer Real Madrid the services of Cannavaro in a straight swap deal.

The Italian has had a difficult stint at the San Siro and the Spanish giants would be keen to add him to their shaky defence.

However, the former Napoli star may scupper the deal after he recently confirmed that he had no intention of leaving the peninsula.

"Firstly, I do not want to leave Inter," said the Azzurri defender. "They are Italian, I feel Italian and I still consider our League the best in the world.

"If I was forced to leave Inter, I would only move to another Serie A team."
=======================
The only reason I started a new thread on this was b/c I felt its pretty important. Let us discuss this and all other rumors here. Like, main questions we should focus on:

1) Will Real try to get any of our defenders? If yes, who would you give up?
2) Who will try to get from Real?
3) Even though Figo is old, wouldn't he be a welcome addition since he is the MAIN creative spark in a Madrid midfield right now that boasts Zidane and Beckham?
4) What winger would we want to go after?
5) LB?
6) LW...keep Kily?
7) RW....Is it VDM AND JZ at RB or JZ at RWB and 3 at the back, or is JZ and Helveg/YTBN (Yet to be named) at rb?
8) Striker issues...striking pair for new few years?
9) New CB needed?
10) Sorting out our midfield surplus?
10A) Who is goping to be our stopper, midfield anchor/ballwinner? Is it going to stay ALmedya and CZ? Or is it going to change to Cambiasso or Emerson?
10B) What about creative spark? Isn't Emre playing too little to have an impact? Should we sell Emre? Midfield of the future...possible VDM Stankovic Emre, ballwinner, and kily? What about using VDM on left? SHould we sell VDM?
11) What to do with Recoba?
12) What about coach? is mancio/capello realistic?
13) Is Vieri gone? Even though this has been discussed only new viewpoints should be posted here
14) Lastly, Toldo...good for five years or look for replacement now?

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
I'll start off by saying that we should get rid of ALmedya for one. He is a fraction of the player he once was. He is too slow to get to the ball nowadays.

Secondly, I think VDM should be incoportated into our side as quickly as possible. Don't sel him.

Lastly, I think that Figo might be a good addition had we keep Vieri but without Vieri we are working with a futuristic side and maybe it is best without him.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I don't see any reason why we would want Figo unless we want to change coachs ... so unitl that happens then why are we gettin these rumors ?? they don't make sense ?:confused:

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
Figo not needed.. we have stank, emre, recoba, vdm

If Zac stays.. VDM should leave.. he wont be used

However under a new coach, i think VDM will be a fundamental player (I prefer this option)

I dont want to comment on Vieri right now as i have mixed feelings about him.. Although i like the guy, he hasnt been contributing much as of late, let alone get into complications with the coach and eventually the club

future strikers: Adriano / Martins .. i really believe if these two get used to each other.. they will be a deadly duo, although martins seems more comfortable and cooperative with Vieri

i have another player that i set my sights on from RM.. why not Morientes? he is definitely a class player (if u have seen him play lately in the CL) if we are to let Vieri go, we should consider a swap involving Morientes and one of our defenders? (preferably Gamarra or that loser Brechet, but i dont think RM would accept that :D )

As for LB.. we still have Coco, we cant make a move in this area before we assess his performance next season

LW? Recoba, VDM, Kily can do that but an addition wouldnt be bad (Solari?)

Players to get rid of: Brechet, Helveg, Lamouchi, Kallon/Cruz, CZ (in case we get better ball winners like Emerson and Vieira although the latter unlikely)

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
IMO the following is needed for next season if Vieri leaves as expected:

Adriano-Martins
Stankovic
VDM Emre CZ JZ
Cannavaro Materazzi Cordoba
TOldo

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
What am I getting at?

That we don't need any new players. We are fine the way we are. Just sell the excess.

Especially if we use a 3-5-2

However:

If we go back to 4-4-2...sevearl questions......We know JZ at RB

Therefore:

ANswer the following:

1) Is VDM suited for inter's rw? (Mine-Yes)
2) Keep Kily? Has he done well? (yes)
3) CB? (mexes)
4) Lb? (no clue---carson has to help me out or falcao on this one)
5) Who's our ballwinner? (CZ no cambiasso/emerson needed)
6) Emre on LW possibly and Stankovic/Ballwinner? (yes, good idea)
7) Isn't JZ better at RB position (yes)
8) Lastly, we need to do this quick. And keep or get rid of Zac quick meaning before the Euros.

What do you think?

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
2 cannavaro in figo swap threads have been merged together... :)

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
we don't want figo...we want money... :fero: we want our money back...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts