Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friday 24th May 2002

Fabio Cannavaro is on a collision course with Stefano Tanzi after the Parma president revealed that the Italy defender would not be sold this summer.

Cannavaro remains on good terms with the club, but has been angling for a move after a disappointing season that saw the Gialloblu flirt with relegation.

Parma recently turned down a £23 million bid from Juventus, and are intent on holding onto their prized asset after strengthening the squad by signing Brazilian striker Ardiano and defender Matteo Ferrari from Internazionale on Thursday.

"If another team wants me they will have to pay Parma's £23 million asking price, I don't think they will accept anything less," Cannavaro said.

"Parma's project is to reduce their costs and build a young team. They are extremely ambitious but I want to compete for the Scudetto and I don't know if here it is possible here."

Tanzi insisted on Friday that both Cannavaro and striker Marco Di Vaio would remain at the club.

"We have decided that for the moment Fabio will stay," Tanzi said.

"Our roster is now almost complete and with Adriano we believe to have a great team. He's the perfect partner for a speedy forward like Di Vaio."

Parma paid close to £13 million for Ferrari and a stake in Adriano, in whom Inter retain an option to buy back at the end of next season.

But Tanzi is not concerned that he is stretching the club's budget in a summer when club's such as AC Milan are looking to trim their wage bill.

"We have spread the payments out over the next four years," he said. "Don't forget that Parma's financial position is extremely strong because we have administrated our resources very well over the past two years."

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Why do you keep posting this bullsh*t articles after I have asked you a thousand times to not do so? Please spare us with that crap!

Now what REALLY Fabio said:

“Io mi fido della famiglia Tanzi –ha detto ai giornalisti- e mi affido a loro per stabilire quale sarà il mio futuro. L’ho sempre detto: quello che avverrà nella prossima stagione lo decideremo assieme ed ora che sono qui in Giappone sono loro che si stanno muovendo sul mercato. Io ho piena fiducia nell’operato della dirigenza ducale”. Fabio ha poi concluso: “Se alla fine dovessi rimanere a Parma non ci sarebbero problemi per me. L’ho sempre detto: restare in gialloblù non sarebbe assolutamente un ripiego”.

Translation:

"I have trust at the Tanzi family - he told the journalists- and I trust on them to decide what will be my future. I have always said it: Whatever is to come in the next season we'll decided it together and now that I am here in Japan they are the ones who move in the transfer market. I have full confidence at the way the directors operate". Fabio then has concluded: " If at the end I have to remain at Parma there will be no problems with me. I have always said it: staying in gialloblu will absolutely not be something I will do as an obligation."

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
I don't think Fabio is angry and I don't think he will stay. It would be ideal though. He and Bonera would make a great central defence.

__________Di Vaio____Adriano

_Nakata___Appiah___Lamouchi___Marchionni

_Junior____Cannavaro_Bonera_____Diana

________________Frey

This could take us a very long way. A fourth place is not impossible.

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Nakata at left?????????

Where is ferrari?????:( :fero: :fero:

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Professor X said:
Nakata at left?????????

Where is ferrari?????:( :fero: :fero:
Yes, I think Nakata will and should play on a wing. On the right we have Marchionni so it has to be the left for Hide.

Ferrari or Bonera? That's a tough one. I just chose Bonera this time because he's already played in gli azzurri while Ferrari has not.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Bonera is for sure better than Ferrari... Taller, more commanding and much more comfortable with the ball on his feet.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Cannavaro set for Parma showdown

Friday 24th May 2002

Fabio Cannavaro is on a collision course with Stefano Tanzi after the Parma president revealed that the Italy defender would not be sold this summer.

Cannavaro remains on good terms with the club, but has been angling for a move after a disappointing season that saw the Gialloblu flirt with relegation.

Parma recently turned down a £23 million bid from Juventus, and are intent on holding onto their prized asset after strengthening the squad by signing Brazilian striker Ardiano and defender Matteo Ferrari from Internazionale on Thursday.

"If another team wants me they will have to pay Parma's £23 million asking price, I don't think they will accept anything less," Cannavaro said.

"Parma's project is to reduce their costs and build a young team. They are extremely ambitious but I want to compete for the Scudetto and I don't know if here it is possible here."

Tanzi insisted on Friday that both Cannavaro and striker Marco Di Vaio would remain at the club.

"We have decided that for the moment Fabio will stay," Tanzi said.

"Our roster is now almost complete and with Adriano we believe to have a great team. He's the perfect partner for a speedy forward like Di Vaio."

Parma paid close to £13 million for Ferrari and a stake in Adriano, in whom Inter retain an option to buy back at the end of next season.

But Tanzi is not concerned that he is stretching the club's budget in a summer when club's such as AC Milan are looking to trim their wage bill.

"We have spread the payments out over the next four years," he said. "Don't forget that Parma's financial position is extremely strong because we have administrated our resources very well over the past two years."

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
@Amo: Why are you so angry with posicle? He just posted an article from some website. I also read this, and you can't know if its true or not

But you should be with Jazlan who just copied the same text as popsicle :mad:

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Djet, the problem is that these guys keep posting and posting articles and open a million new threads without ever adding their own comments... enola and profesor X have complained about it, and it annoys me too.

Jazlan actually followed my advice and posted his article under a thread with the same topic. Kudos to him for that. The article was already posted somewhere else but well, noone is perfect and he made a good start. ;)

·
Registered
404 Posts
I hope that no club will pay that money for Canna!
Let's keep him!!!
Let's keep him!!!
Let's keep him!!!:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts