·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got this of World Cup Soccer.

################################

Juventus left alone with Cannavaro
First Published: Apr 13, 2002

Juventus are in talks with Parma AC to sign Italian international Fabio Cannavaro.

Parma want $30 million for the centre back and the Turin club are the favourites to complete a deal for the Italian international.

Cannavaro is likely to leave Parma in the summer with Juventus keen to tie up his move in the next few weeks before the World Cup finals and were boosted last night when Milan vice president Adriano Galliani confirmed that he had contacted Parma manager Arrigo Sacchi but no agreement could be reached for the highly-rated Canavaro.

################################

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Typical Milan tactics. Last year they said something about Rui Costa not being necessary as they had Serginho just days before they bought him. Galliani is creepy. Just like Moggi.

Anyway, can anyone say for sure if we're guaranteed a place in next year's uefa cup or not? I just read some rumour that said that we will sell Di Vaio to Juventus for Brighi and money and buy Marazzina if we don't qualify for europe. I find this very strange and unpleasant as I was 100% sure that we would get a place in Europe as Juventus will get a place in the CL.

So if someone could find something OFFICIAL I'd be very happy...

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Verdi: I don't think the Di Vaio rumour is anything else but bullcrap. The founder of the rumour probably didn't know about the UEFA spot. Saying that I don't either know much about it.
Amo probably know more about that.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
It is official that we have qualified for the UEFA Cup next season as long as Juventus makes the CL. Simple as that. ;)

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Well, whether Gallani is lying or not, I will be delighted to see Fabio stay another season. The guy is a regular for the Azzurri, he is the captain & he has been solid since he arrived. I don't think that we actually need any Milan players, no matter how nice it would be to have Pirlo or Donati. Get $30-$40m for Fabio & then buy Doni from Atalanta to do the floating playmaker role, as right now nobody in Serie A does that job better than him.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts