Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could this be the backline we've been trying to find this season? I only just realised then, in the last 5 games (all of this year so far) we've only conceded 3 goals, and no more than one a match. That's a damn good statistic, ESPECIALLY for us, and even more especially because we've played teams such as Juve, Lecce and Udinese!!

I wonder how Bettarini will slot into the squad. Perhaps Canna will be ditch and Bettarini will slot in there? Or he's a LB is he? Maybe Contini will be dropped, however im sure he can also play on the right side, i guess it depends on whether Petro has more faith in Canna or Contini.

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
You are right, this defence is doing a good job but I think its not just their earning, its all about the tactic Carmignani is using. Yesterday we really played very defensively and it would have been a typical 0-0 match but we have been lucky with the Gila-goal. I hope we can go on like that though, I like winning 1-0 each time :)

As for Bettarini, he is a LB and will probably take to spot of Contini, who will surely NOT play as RB. Contini is left-footed and wouldnt be that good on the right wing, we should give Ferronetti a try or let Cannavaro develop there, even if I think that he is better as CB.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
I havent seen much of Parma but I really hope Bovo is starting to play at least good. This year is a learning experience for him so I suppose it was gonna be hard for him also. Is Bonera playing well in the centre beause if so that is very good for the NT although we need him at RB also to play well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts