Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello!

first time posting in a NON-italian forum :)

anyhow: how comes, that canizares is benched for palop?

don't get me wrong: i dont KNOW this palop dude,
but i do know canizares....

is he became that bad? that valencia bought this new palop dude?

anyhow, i didn't see valencia play lately, so this is why i ask you expert guys :)

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Actually Palop ain´t a "new" guy, he´s been Cani´s understudy for years now. And what comes to Palop benching Canizares, it ain´t gonna happen it´s just that even Santiago has get rest sometimes! For the next season we have bought young french goalkeeper named Ludovic Butelle, interesting to see who gets the nod next year!

·
Registered
778 Posts
Benitez decided from the start of the season that Canizares plays the liga while Palop plays the Copa del Rey and the UEFA cup.
It's a way to reward Palop (and keep him alert and at a high level). He is a very good keeper, probably one of the best in the liga. He would probably be a starter in most liga teams.

Ziad

·
Registered
394 Posts
For sure, Palop is one a top goalie. I heard he is about 28 which is surprising why Valencia are looking to buy a young goalie.

Valencia are lucky to have one of the best 1st & 2nd Goalies in la liga. It's reassuring to know that when cani gets injured (dont know if he is) valencia is not screwed. Palop is a brilliant replacement.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts