Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Veteran Argentine striker Claudio Caniggia has been forced to pull out of the World Cup warm-up match against Germany here on Wednesday after picking up a thigh injury in training.

Caniggia at 35-years-old has made a spectacular comeback to the squad after reviving his career in the Scottish Premier League with Dundee and Glasgpow Rangers.

With strikers Gabriel Batistuta and Hernan Crespo already out with injuries, he had looked assured of playing a major role in the game which could have secured his place in the Argentinia squad for the World Cup finals in South Korea and Japan.

Caniggia's place is likely to go to Real Madrid's Santiago Solari or Gustavo Lopez of Celta Vigo.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Saviola to replace injured Batistuta in the friendly against Germany

Argentine national team coach Marcelo Bielsa has called up Barcelona striker Javier Saviola instead of the injured Gabriel Batistuta for the friendly match against Germany.

Batistuta was injured in the yesterday's match against Parma and was driven to hospital from the stadium. The injured Juan Sebastian Veron, Hernan Crespo and Fabian Ayala will also miss the game in Stuttgart.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Bielsa should take Caniggia, Saviola and Solari to the WC. Take them all they're all exceptional players.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Damn I was so dissapointed when i never saw Caniggia's name on the team when I stayed in to watch the game especially for him as well. I just hope that he is one of the players that Bielsa will take to the WC.

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
this thread was edited by me.

please don't come here and celebrate one of our player's getting injured.

Sorry, Stevie, I had to delete your's too because it quoted the original one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts