Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Caneira one of the twenty -three pick by Antonio Oliveira.
For a player that starter the season on the bench.
 

·
Community Analyst
Joined
·
32,844 Posts
Well deserved, but if he plays on the left side, that doesn't give us much of an attacking option. Wonder if it comes to necessacity where he'll play.
 

·
XT Post Number King
Joined
·
111,120 Posts
hi all,

i m a hugh INTER fan...i know that this caneira kid is owned by us...but since i don't know him much...so can u guys tell me more about him??? is he very good?? what position does he play?? will he have some chance to start for portugal???

thanks :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Inter de Milan owns the contract of Caneira, Benfica wants to reach a agreement with Inter before the 20 of May, Inter wants to wait until the end of World Cup. So far Inter asking for 4 million dollars. around 4.4 million euros.
Caneira can play all 4 positions on defence but is primary position is Left defender.
 

·
XT Post Number King
Joined
·
111,120 Posts
thanks for the info, frank... :)

so it seems to me that INTER is gonna sell him to benfica...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
642 Posts
Frank Cunha said:
Inter de Milan owns the contract of Caneira, Benfica wants to reach a agreement with Inter before the 20 of May, Inter wants to wait until the end of World Cup. So far Inter asking for 4 million dollars. around 4.4 million euros.
Caneira can play all 4 positions on defence but is primary position is Left defender.
I think his preferred position is actually in central defence; hes just been playen on the left for SLB this past season.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,189 Posts
The relief.....

Phew.....For a minute there I thought Oliveira had actually picked a Benfiquista in the World Cup squad :dielaugh: But I'm glad to hear he's owned by Inter <phew>

But I guess Oliveira had to pick 1 player to do with Benfica because after Simao's injury he wouldn't want to disappoint you guys and not bring along any of your talentless players.

By the way who the f*ck is this guy??? Is he that ugly bloke with the long hair?? Please no....omg...I suppose we can use him to scare the Poles off and then sell him to a Korean restaurant after the tournament I suppose....
 
M

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Well anythings better then taking Secratario!!:howler:

I still cant believe we picked Baia now thats scary!:(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,658 Posts
Re: The relief.....

Dan said:
Phew.....For a minute there I thought Oliveira had actually picked a Benfiquista in the World Cup squad :dielaugh: But I'm glad to hear he's owned by Inter <phew>

But I guess Oliveira had to pick 1 player to do with Benfica because after Simao's injury he wouldn't want to disappoint you guys and not bring along any of your talentless players.

By the way who the f*ck is this guy??? Is he that ugly bloke with the long hair?? Please no....omg...I suppose we can use him to scare the Poles off and then sell him to a Korean restaurant after the tournament I suppose....
Back in the Benfica forum again huh, Dan. I know you must feel alone in them there caves of the Porko Forum since it's been silent for two weeks......But give it a rest bro. Capucho and Baia both suck and you know it. They're both experienced and that's why Oliveira took them.

Dan, you seem as if your an uneducated cat and probably look smarter than you type (Which ain't sayin much) but you shouldn't go into other rivals forums spewing your load because it just adds fuel to what everyone thinks of Porkistas. For once, try to change the image that your club and fan base portray.

Peace!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,189 Posts
What and you think Ricardo would be any better than Baia?? ;)

Come on...I still p!ss myself laughing watching the goal he let in when we thrashed Boavista 4-1 at Antas. He thought it was going wide and it creeps in the corner. I think he's a Portista in disguise after the 8 goals he's let in at Antas in his last 2 visits there.

And Nelson...no experience for the big occasion. Baia is No.1!

Capucho - face it you guys would love him at Benfica. Yep he really sucks :rollani: He only scored one of the goals of the season against you guys :rollani:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,658 Posts
Dan said:
What and you think Ricardo would be any better than Baia?? ;)

Come on...I still p!ss myself laughing watching the goal he let in when we thrashed Boavista 4-1 at Antas. He thought it was going wide and it creeps in the corner. I think he's a Portista in disguise after the 8 goals he's let in at Antas in his last 2 visits there.

And Nelson...no experience for the big occasion. Baia is No.1!

Capucho - face it you guys would love him at Benfica. Yep he really sucks :rollani: He only scored one of the goals of the season against you guys :rollani:
Baia will not play because he is not fully fit! That's coming straight from Oliveira's mouth. That's why Ricardo will probably get the nod. Not only that, but if you were informed he had a great game against Brazil but they probably don't have TV in caves.

Capucho is not welcome at the luz. His shorts would not make the legal requirement for entrance onto the pitch. Besides, we have someone better on the wing than him and his name is Simao. Capucho couldn't lace Simao's boots any day.

Now go back to your cave, and I suggest getting a TV and maybe enlighten yourself with some footballing education before you peak your head out again and make an :ass: of yourself.

Nuff said...
 

·
Community Analyst
Joined
·
32,844 Posts
Flotown said:


Baia will not play because he is not fully fit! That's coming straight from Oliveira's mouth. That's why Ricardo will probably get the nod. Not only that, but if you were informed he had a great game against Brazil but they probably don't have TV in caves.

Capucho is not welcome at the luz. His shorts would not make the legal requirement for entrance onto the pitch. Besides, we have someone better on the wing than him and his name is Simao. Capucho couldn't lace Simao's boots any day.

Now go back to your cave, and I suggest getting a TV and maybe enlighten yourself with some footballing education before you peak your head out again and make an :ass: of yourself.

Nuff said...
Bwahahahahaha:D


That is all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,189 Posts
Flotown said:
Baia will not play because he is not fully fit! That's coming straight from Oliveira's mouth. That's why Ricardo will probably get the nod. Not only that, but if you were informed he had a great game against Brazil but they probably don't have TV in caves.
Oh really!!?? :dielaugh:

Yes I do have a TV and if my eyes were not deceiving me yesterday a certain Vitor Baia pulled off a string of fantastic saves against China. Like it or not mate, Vitor Baia is Portugal's No.1. Looks like you're the one in need of some 'football education'. Just having him behind you is a huge comfort for our defenders. Playing in front of Ricardo would be much more worrying. You wouldn't know what to expect, a blunder or a a fantastic stop. Theres no contest. Ricardo's doesn't have the experience. Baia's been there done that and got the T-shirt. Reliable and solid, dodgy knee or not. If it wasn't for his dodgy knee he'd be the best keeper in Portugal and Europe. 'Nuff said...'
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,352 Posts
as much as i hate to agree with a portista, Dan is right. The defence lookes different when baia plays than when another goalie plays. They play more relaxed with baia, knowing that if they make a mistake, you have a world class keeper to basically save ur ass. The defence doesnt play liie that with anyone else. You could have told the difference when nelson came i yesturday
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,658 Posts
Dan said:


Oh really!!?? :dielaugh:

Yes I do have a TV and if my eyes were not deceiving me yesterday a certain Vitor Baia pulled off a string of fantastic saves against China. Like it or not mate, Vitor Baia is Portugal's No.1. Looks like you're the one in need of some 'football education'. Just having him behind you is a huge comfort for our defenders. Playing in front of Ricardo would be much more worrying. You wouldn't know what to expect, a blunder or a a fantastic stop. Theres no contest. Ricardo's doesn't have the experience. Baia's been there done that and got the T-shirt. Reliable and solid, dodgy knee or not. If it wasn't for his dodgy knee he'd be the best keeper in Portugal and Europe. 'Nuff said...'
I saw the game Dan "The Porkista Man" and Baia did play well. But you see, he needed to. That was the game that was to prove if he was sitting or if was playing. It was do or die for him and he knew it. He played fantastic against a second-rate team but can he handle it against the US or other top-notch teams? Time will tell but I can say this. Baia saved his bacon yesterday. Not only the team's but also his own my friend.....And I too hope he continues to play well because if his knee gets sketchy or he screws up I'll be all over you Sh!t like you've never seen!

May he will continue to perform that way.........

Now you can go back to your cave and wear your speedos to comemerate Baia's performance......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,189 Posts
OGOLO said:
as much as i hate to agree with a portista, Dan is right. The defence lookes different when baia plays than when another goalie plays. They play more relaxed with baia, knowing that if they make a mistake, you have a world class keeper to basically save ur ass. The defence doesnt play liie that with anyone else. You could have told the difference when nelson came i yesturday
At last, a Benfiquista with some sense!! :eek: :D ;)

Baia is fantastic and it amazes me how some people have the chheek to slag him off. I've always had him in the same class of Figo, Rui Costa and Couto. Its just his knee problems have hampered his career. Many players would be in the shadows of lower leagues but no, Baia's determination to be Portugal's best deserves lots of credit and despite lots of setbacks he's once again Portugal's numero uno!! You just can't kick this guy down, he'll just get up again and keep on fighting....

I can't guarantee he'll gave a good World Cup but I can guarantee that if Oliveira gives him the nod he'll give his all like he did in Euro 2000 :proud:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,658 Posts
Dan said:


At last, a Benfiquista with some sense!! :eek: :D ;)

Baia is fantastic and it amazes me how some people have the chheek to slag him off. I've always had him in the same class of Figo, Rui Costa and Couto. Its just his knee problems have hampered his career. Many players would be in the shadows of lower leagues but no, Baia's determination to be Portugal's best deserves lots of credit and despite lots of setbacks he's once again Portugal's numero uno!! You just can't kick this guy down, he'll just get up again and keep on fighting....

I can't guarantee he'll gave a good World Cup but I can guarantee that if Oliveira gives him the nod he'll give his all like he did in Euro 2000 :proud:
Excuse me Dan, but what was that you were saying about Baia?

You can take Baia and Jorge Costa and shove them up your :ass:

because as it proved last night, they're the sh!ts!

And take two more of these :finger: :finger: while your at it!
 
M

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Yeah the defense was relaxed. Still at least we had that world class goalie to save our ass!:rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,189 Posts
Yes Baia wasn't exactly brilliant but you can only blame him for one of the 3 goals (the og). He made a super save from that early corner before it was blasted in.

Basically it was a pathetic defensive display and you can hhardly single out Baia as responsible :rollani: No goalkeeper in the world would of prevented us from losing that game the defending was so poor!

What you also have to remember is the goalkeeper is the last line of defence and Baia is not just a keeper but a sweeper too. He spots danger and comes out of his area to sweep things up and there were 1 or 2 hairy moments where he prevented possible USA 1 on 1's. So had Ricardo been in goal I dread to think how many we would of conceded.

As for Jorge Costa....I'm not exactly his biggest fan either. But everyone was poor. Even the great Figo, Rui Costa were sh!t. Only Conceicao looked anything like decent.
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Top