Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my list of players tipped for the trophy in the next 5-10 years

1. Cristiano Ronaldo: He's my first choice, huge talent, pace, technique, i can't imagine he wouldn't been crowned KING of FOOTBALL one day1

2. Kaka: already worldclass, still have a lot of times to acheive his goals but definitly he'll always be in the race

3. Rooney: Come on 19 years now, doing all that!!!

4. Cassano: He only need to calm down, change some stuff in his personality & he will get it, maybe if he moved next summer a huge improvement in his experience will happen! maybe!

5. F.Torres: What a player.. 20 years with that character, i would give it to him next year, Torres is unbelievable!!!
I think these 5 are going to race for the comming years to win the Fifa Footballer of the year award
So what's ur list??

·
Registered
181 Posts
Robinho for sure....Many coaches here in Brasil think he is more special than Ronaldinho and that he has to an "untouchable" (don't know) in the seleção...

Also Torres, Kaka, Adriano, maybe Robben, maybe Rooney.....

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
It should not matter what club you play for, in dertermining the winner of this award.

Cassano is good enough to win it, even at Roma.

·
Banned
3,551 Posts
Cassano is quite a talent, but there are many great players who lack the talent to challenge for the best in the world title.

Yet players suprise you. I wouldn't have guessed Ronaldinho would become the BITW. He was quite an enigma with PSG in my eyes, only showing his true colours towards the end, so I was suprised when he morphed into such a player over the past year.

As to the next generation, I would say that Rooney is a definate cantidate, along with Torres who has always amazed me. Adriano is amazing when on form, but very poor otherwise so I don't rate him that highly. Robben would be a third pick of mine. I think one of those three could well rule the world. :D

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Rooney
Robinho
Tevez
Fabregas
Meghni
Cassano
Ronaldo
Mascherano
Robben

it will probably be none of these, it will some mad freak who no-one has heard of yet.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
In about 5 years:

1. Cristiano Ronaldo

2. Wayne Rooney
3. Adriano
4. Torres (when in Milan) ;)
5. Robinho (when in Madrid)

·
Registered
786 Posts
LOVE HB21 list!!!!!!!!!! but u have 2 take one and put adriano somewhere in the mix!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes Adriano defnitly is one of the candidates!! I even thought he might have a chance this year.. Amazing player, with impressing physical/mental qualities!!

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Mago said:
Cassano plays at a 'small' club therefore he won't win it (like Totti), unless he moves to a 'bigger' side.
By no means AS Roma is a small club.. They r not GIANTS like juve milan r.madrid but they r a bigclub always expected to featurein major european championships!!
I think the most important thing is the qualities players have, that is #1, #2 is the club/team mates etc..

So Cassano & Torres have the chance always!!

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
1. Robben
2. Sneijder
3. C. Ronaldo
4. Robinho
5. Torres

as for Cassano & Rooney they definitely have the talent but their attitude :boxing: can be a major problem

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
d_kurdi said:
as for Cassano & Rooney they definitely have the talent but their attitude :boxing: can be a major problem
Attitude is surely very important for a player, but i don't think these 2 will remain to act the same!! I think they will improve for sure..
Antonio Cassano showed in many occasions that he can hold his temper & for a long period.. He's nervous for sure but i think he's maturing these days!! He can be 100% calm with Coaches like Capello & Trappatoni!! & Lippi i hope :thumbsup:

As for Robben, he's a great prospect, & an amazing talent, but i wouldn't put him on top of the list, maybe #7 (with Adriano #6)

1 - 20 of 69 Posts