Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i think this is gonna be another shite season for the Canaries after missing out on 2 striking targets. Steve Howard im pretty glad Norwich didnt pay for him a million i dont think he's worth it but at least Derby are showing ambition and Rob Hulse is joining Sheff Utd well its the Prem what can u say. Im going up to the Newcastle friendly on Wed but i aint really looking forward to it. It will be to hear other people talking about Norwich when there is money to spent and their opinions on the team. I still stand with Worthy out.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
I like too see a club standing by it's manager, it makes a change in todays game, but if you struggle badly again, which I think you might, then how long will he get???

Do you think Delia will still stick with him, afterall, if your not signing how well can you expect to do, when everyone else seems to be making some pretty good signings.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Stuart Pearce is waiting for Lee Croft to decide if he wants to leave Manchester City for Norwich City.

The Premiership club have accepted an offer from Norwich, believed to be in the region of £800,000, for Croft.

The 21-year-old has been holding talks regarding a move to Carrow Road, but has yet to decide on his future.

Birmingham City, Coventry City and Leeds United have also been linked with the winger, although only Norwich have met Pearce's valuation.

Pearce has left the matter in Croft's hands and is waiting for the promising youngster to settle on terms with The Canaries.

"There are one or two clubs who have been interested in Lee, but Norwich are the ones who have come up with a fee we find acceptable," said Pearce.

"Lee has spoken to Norwich and now we are just waiting to hear whether he is going to leave or not."

Meanwhile, Pearce was full of praise for Joey Barton after the midfielder celebrated signing his new contract with a hat-trick in the 3-0 friendly win over Port Vale.

Pearce added: "To score a hat-trick at any level, at any time, is a great achievement.

"You have to give Joey a lot of credit, he has bags of energy and got into the box on regular occasions.

"As I have said many times before, I see Joey as a major asset for this club. That is why we offered him a new contract when he still had 18 months of his existing one to run.

Well there's a bit of ambition for you...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lee Croft is a player i like and im glad we have him but what i saw at the Newcastle of the rest of the side isnt too good. Safri and Etuhu were prob the best of the Norwich players. Im glad we still have Mckenzie and i hope Worthy gives McVeigh chances cause he is a classy little player. I think we aint gonna get the play-offs this season unless more players come in.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Yeah I've always thought McVeigh was good, and am always surprised he's always on the bench.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jimbo keep your side away from Adam Drury lol. I dont think Worthy will let him go.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
huckerby6ncfc said:
Jimbo keep your side away from Adam Drury lol. I dont think Worthy will let him go.
Although we have money now, I don't think we've got enough to make Norwich they have too sell. So I wouldn't worry.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts