1,072 Posts
even though I dont want it to happen.

Im predicting a boring game, both teams not able to find the net

1-0 Ecuador

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Cory said:
Hey, if Ecuador wins 2-0 do we get to see Canada involved in another coin flip?
Yes.

I don't expect Canada to win, mainly because they don't need to. All they need is a draw to advance. So if the score is tied at any point, watch for Canada to go into a defensive shell!

In fact, even a 1-0 loss will be sufficient for Canada to advance, so if Ecuador gets the first goal, Canada may not even try to equalize. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Yes the refereeing at this tournament has lived down to the usual CONCACAF standards - bloody awful.

The real score in the Canada-Haiti game should have been 3-0, not 2-0. That alone would have entitled us to first place without having to draw lots.

And what was up with that penalty call that led to Ecuador's second goal? That should have been a yellow card against the Ecuador player for diving.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Is anyone else pissed off about the way Canada played. They played so defensively that second game it made me sick. I thought Osieck was going to start a new approach with this team.

The problem is that Osieck doesnt have any balls. Your supposed to respect your opponent not fear them!.

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
THat penalty call was total BS.

Osieck did the right thing. He played for the tie in the first half and when the chances came they went forward in the second. If McKenna could at least finish.....

The Ecuadorian goal was a perfect example of what happens when a play gets caught "ball watching".

and that pen. was BS.

Where did the four minutes come from?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts