Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont think it was mentioned on any Canadian site but the Canadian U18 national team took part in a tournament in Mulhouse, France. The tournament included local French teams as well as the Algerian U18 NT, who ended up winning the whole thing. Here are Canada's results:

Chabab Mulhouse 0-0 Canada (Canada won on penalties)
SR Colmar 3-2 Canada
5th place game: Canada 1-3 FC Mulhouse

So Canada finishes 6th out of 8 teams. They played another game in the group stages but i dont have the result. Anyone have any idea on the players that participated?

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Far as I know we don't actually have an U-18 national team.

I suspect this tournament was an invitational club tournament. The Canadians may have been a club team or a select team.

I'll keep an eye out for info.

·
Registered
876 Posts

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Yes, we of course already know about the U-17 national team, because we have been following their qualification for the world championships in Peru.

Presumably any "national" U-18 team put together on an ad hoc basis would include many of the same players, and would be given some sort of publicity as a warmup for the U-17 qualifying matches in May. But there's been no publicity, so it's reasonable to assume that in this case the "Canadian U-18" team in question is not the same people.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts