Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A home game against Trinidad is our next match. We usually always beat these guys...lets hope that Dwight Yorke does not play :)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Yeah, we really should beat these guys. Last time, during the Gold Cup it was closer than I wanted and Yorke wasn't playing. I think he has a tougher time on the National team though, with less support or service than on Man.

I was at the Canada Soccer site and apparently Corazzin and Kush are both unattached. Does anybody know where they will play next year? Or is there any interest in them at all?

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
The latest word is that Dwight Yorke will play in Edmonton on Sunday. Canada's chances depend to a large extent on being able to neutralize him.

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't get why TSN does not televise the national team....anyways Sportsnet does an adequate job. I would prefer Rauter and Leggat though.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I would agree that TSN should do the job. During EURO 2000 Rauter was ok, I thought Leggat was his usual self, I also though Forest did a good job when he was in there.

On Sportsnet you got Lenarduzzi. Don't get me wrong he was a top Canadian player for his time. His commentary just isn't that great.

I think the real point is that TSN is losing the rights to everything. All they show these days is CFL and Golf. Everything else has been snapped up by Sportnet.

Do you guys know if they'll continue to show Champions League games on TSN like they did last season?

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what I like about Rauter is that he actually attempts to pronounce the players names properly, that and the fact that he seems to understand the game and its players. Leggat..is well Leggat...Golden...I would rather have Forrest playing than in the commentary booth though :)

I believe that CTV bought TSN...so all of their contracts will dwindle over to TSN.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Rauter is quite knowledgeable about the game, but his pronunciation of names is usually no better than Leggatt's. I may be in the minority, but I think Gerry Dobson on CTVSN is better than both of them when it comes to getting names right.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I don't care if they get the players names right or not, just as long as they get the Canadian players names right! lol.
It seems every announcer gets the names wrong once in a while. This year UEFA Cup featured some one repeatedly pronouncing Viera as Vieri to my great aggravation.

I totally agree about Leggat, you remember him in those live on location reports from France 98. He seemed to be drunk in every one. At least he was enjoying himself.
I would much rather see Forest on the field than in the booth.
Is he the only Canadian playing in a top league?

P.S. Not that the EPL is a top league or anything....lol

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Does anyone know what will be the starting line ups of the Canucks? and for Trinidad?

Forza Canada!

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Thanks a lot buddy!
Forza Canada!

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
CARIBBEAN KINGS!!!!!!!!

WEST INDIES WINNERS!!!!!!!

We rule in my part of the world!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts