Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
I agree. This was a very disappointing performance against a nothing team that was down a man for most of the game.

Our form has not improved at all since the Confederations Cup. Something has to be done. It's not as simple as getting a new coach. The whole team needs rebuilding.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Well, at least we now have a solution to our striker woes...in the for of our right back. :rolleyes:

Better start handing out those citizenships, Chretien.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
canada did not deserve to win this game, sure that goal was called back but so what the canadains did not push the ball or show any energy all game lets just hope we can play up to our competition in the semi's.

·
Administrator
11,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Well ...

Jarrek said:
I disagree with most of you, Martinique is an up and coming side and obviously they shown that by beating Trinidad and Tobago.
And so were Malta?????
Why should we struggle against an 'up and coming side' anyhow? Not that I agree with your assessment of Martinique but even if true OUR play was bad no matter who we were up against.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Jarrek said:
I disagree with most of you, Martinique is an up and coming side and obviously they shown that by beating Trinidad and Tobago.
"After a dominating performance in the Random Draw, Canada [laid] a severe mauling on an Overseas Department of France considerably larger than Saskatoon (after extra Penalty Shots)

'Yeah but Martinique were much better than everyone thought they would be.'

How sad is it to be reduced to statements like that in the wake of a penalty shot victory over the representatives of the 385,000 people of the French protectorate in the Caribbean? When you've had to come back after giving up a goal to them after they went down to ten men? It's too sad. Keep your head down and easy on the Ole Ole stuff.

Then again, it's only half as sad as having to listen to it from a Trinidadian supporter.

Canada's strange run at the 2002 Gold Cup continues."

--read more here

·
Registered
775 Posts
Re: Re: Well ...

rezag said:

And so were Malta?????
Why should we struggle against an 'up and coming side' anyhow? Not that I agree with your assessment of Martinique but even if true OUR play was bad no matter who we were up against.
Malta is not an up and coming side. We were beaten by a weaker team...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts