Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It starts with the Nutrilite Championship competition. The winner gets to represent Canada.

Match Schedule & Results:

May 6* - Toronto FC 1-0 Vancouver Whitecaps FC

May 13 – Toronto FC 1-0 Montreal Impact

May 20 – Montreal 0-2 Vancouver

May 27* – Vancouver 1-0 Montreal

June 2* – Vancouver 2-0 Toronto

June 18* – Montreal 1-6 Toronto

* TV: Sportsnet

The Nutrilite Champion Toronto FC then meets Puerto Rico Islanders in a two-leg preliminary round:

July 29 - First leg: Toronto 0-1 Puerto Rico

Aug. 4 - Second leg: Puerto Rico 0-0 Toronto

And Toronto goes home.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
We've all bemoaned many times the fact that many important soccer games in this country don't get any live coverage.

And the fact that the "Nutrilite" Championship series - Canada's national soccer championship - consisting of only 6 games, can't even attract TV coverage for more than 4 of the games, is a national disgrace.

So it's good news that there will be video coverage on the internet, at least, of the May 13 match of Montreal at Toronto. Coverage starts at 7:30 EDT on Corussports.com.

It's not great, but it's better than nothing.
----------

ETA: It's also available online from the TFC site in English.

·
Money-Master
2,708 Posts
It will be exciting Jeff......the Impact surprised everybody until they had the Mother of all Collapses vs. Santos Laguna.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Well, the Impact were eliminated in three straight matches without scoring a goal.

If Toronto beats Vancouver next Tuesday, then Toronto goes to the CONCACAF CL, and they might as well cancel the final June 18 match against Montreal, as neither side will have anything to play for.

ETA: Well, TFC got stopped in their tracks by Vancouver, and now they have to beat Montreal on June 18 - in Montreal - by 4 goals if they hope to advance to the CONCACAF CL.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Nutrilite champion (almost certainly the Vancouver Whitecaps) will play the Preliminary Round of the CONCACAF Champions League in a home and away two-leg series against the Puerto Rico Islanders of the USL First Division. Dates to be announced.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
The draw was fixed lol. Typical and expected from warner's concacaf.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
The Nutrilite champion (almost certainly the Vancouver Whitecaps) will play the Preliminary Round of the CONCACAF Champions League in a home and away two-leg series against the Puerto Rico Islanders of the USL First Division. Dates to be announced.
As I type, my TFC have just buried #6 past Montreal to make it 6-1 right now.

You've spoken too soon, Jeff. :D

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Indeed I did! Fantastic job, Reds!

(And nice collapse, Impact! :tongue: )

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
As I type, my TFC have just buried #6 past Montreal to make it 6-1 right now.

You've spoken too soon, Jeff. :D
Last night was Impact B versus Dwain De Rosario. The former had nothing to play for while the latter had probably the game of his carrear. Honnestly If Sebrango was playing we would have burried several of the chances given up by TFC's terrible D. That said I see TFC collapsing in the CL, small roster, no defence, and no real depth.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Is there any Canadian TV coverage at all for Toronto FC's first-ever CONCACAF Champions League match on July 29?

Edited to add: I guess it doesn't matter, as Toronto lost 1-0.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, that's about as unlikely as beating Montreal 6-1 at Saputo - um, oh, never mind.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Beating the Impact's B squad is not the same as going up against the best team in the USL's starting 11.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Way to seize the opportunity, but yet you keep your dick tucked between your legs after getting shit on 6-1.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Blah, blah, blah. You can dance all around the 6-1 loss, it still does not change the fact that it was against the unmotivated 2nd string line up of a mid table USL-1 team. That said Montreal B still exposed Toronto's poor defence, coming close to scoring on several occasions, which says a lot about the quality of our current 'Canadian Champion'. TFC is mediocre at best, and, like I said, will not advance past the Islanders.

PEACE!

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
:(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts