Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think the postings on this forum just goes to prove that no matter how bad benfica is looking, or how finanially strapped, benfica will always be the number one topic of any portuguese soccer discussion. I would like to thank the portista and sportinguista posters on this forum for reminding me about how awe-inspiring o glorioso is.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Well said, I had a discussion with a portista the other day and all he kept saying was how they dominated the 80s and 90s blah blah blah. My response, that eventually shut him up was, what club is thought of first by foreigners when Portuguese football is mentioned? Enough Said!!!!

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Yo, England66

Whassup with yer choice of handles???

Was England 1 through 65 taken? I heard there was a 20 year waiting list to get a handle with "England" on it. :)

Oh!!! Yer referring to our biggest accomplishment in the world cup in England in 1966? Nevermind. I think I just answered my own question.

Oh, Sh*t! Here come the freakin boss, again.

BTW, I disagree with you. There's more than just Benfica to be discussed here. For instance....

how much PORTO SUCKS always makes a good topic of discussion!

(but, first, we must destroy Porto)

·
International
5,629 Posts
If Portugal were to have a civil war and divide itself into 3 states based on Futebol alliances...Benfica would keep continental Portugal in tact and move all others to Madeira(actually Madeira might be too big to accomodate all Portistas and Sportinguistas) may one of the small Azorean islands.

Viva o Benfica!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts