Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
EPL is over.

La Liga is over.

Serie A is over. I can't see Milan winning all their remaining serie A games when they'r still in the ucl.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Gap comes down to eight points on Wednesday and Chelsea will crumble from then on while we storm home to win the title on the last day at St. Andrew's.

It's nice to dream, isn't it? ;) :eek:

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Vagabondo said:
You say it as though they'd really have to. :rollani:
They have to if they want the league because I seriously don't see Juve losing from now on.

I didn't mean over mathematically

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
EPL and La Liga are probably decided by now. Chelsea's gap to the others is too big and they are a class act this season. Barca did lose to Real and realistically they could lose in the title in the end, but unless they collapse in the end they should win too.

In Serie A however it's far from done. Juve have 3 points more then Milan and 7 games remain. Juve play both Inter, Lazio and Milan that are all tough games. Milan have the CL, but if we make the final it's only 3 games left, it's like it was a second group stage left. Juve are favorites but anything can happen. Serie A is always decided in the last round.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
The EPL is over.

Serie A is not over. Still a lot to play and, if I'm not wrong, they have to meet each other yet. Of course, Juve has the advantage, but I think that Milan is a better team.

La Liga is not over either, although it doesn't look bad for Barça. 6 points+the goal average is a good gap to face the last weeks. It would be a big surprise if Barça collapses in the last few weeks, because even in the worst days (Stamford Bridge and Bernabeu) the team has shown to be very competitive and reliable. Madrid will have to win everything and to wait for 3 bad results of Barça in the last 6 weeks... it can happen, but it would be a huge surprise from my point of view.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
lets not forget that in Serie A, juve went 7 or 8 points clear and milan managed to be on top of them 3 weeks later. its seriously going to be a struggle for both teams.

wouldnt surprise me if juve lossed to inter and milan regained the lead on wednesday.

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
EPL is over.

Thats about it. La Liga and Serie A are still on. Madrid have a much easier schedule left than Barcelona. Anything can still happen.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Premier League isn't over at all. There's still a race for fourth between Everton, Liverpool and Bolton ( :yuck: ) and there's still the relegation battle between Southampton, WBA, Palace and Norwich going on.

There's football beyond the top of the table you know ;)

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
khimik said:
Exactly right :thumbsup:

At Roma the boys are doing their level best to be in the relegation zone by the end of the season, but we just might have to settle for lower/mid-table insecurity this time around. :D

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Vagabondo said:
Exactly right :thumbsup:

At Roma the boys are doing their level best to be in the relegation zone by the end of the season, but we just might have to settle for lower/mid-table insecurity this time around. :D
You could've just said "do a Tottenham" and save a kilobyte in line space ;)

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
khimik said:
Premier League isn't over at all. There's still a race for fourth between Everton, Liverpool and Bolton ( :yuck: ) and there's still the relegation battle between Southampton, WBA, Palace and Norwich going on.

You should have put ( :yuck: ) in front of Liverpool. Bolton has done wonders to be where they are. Good to see Diouf getting the winner and put his team above the overrated liverpool which has literally distroyed him. Hopefully we will make it to ucl next year with our old timers

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
If Bolton make it through to the UCL, it would be a disastrous advertisement for English football, with all due respect. Fair do to Allardyce for what he's got going on at the club, but UCL is a bit muc. A spot in UEFA is fine.

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
The Merengue said:
If Bolton make it through to the UCL, it would be a disastrous advertisement for English football, with all due respect. Fair do to Allardyce for what he's got going on at the club, but UCL is a bit muc. A spot in UEFA is fine.
No it won't actually, first they need to go through the qualification round. If they do get past there then I think they've every single right to be there with the other top teams. I've seen btw many times Inter, Milan, etc failinging to get past the qualification round. Its a touigh road you know, same goes for Everton.

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
Nobody can question their right if they make it through, but as I said, it would be a disastrous advertisement for English football. They'll just embarass themselves burdened with the expectations of handling two huge competitions, much like Mallorca were a few seasons ago and Celta Vigo were last season from Spain, eventually ending up relegated. Sometimes, rising too quickly is not as good for a club as it may seem, it often ends up a case of being two steps forwards and three steps back.

Apart from that, imagine Alardyce's men playing the kind of football they do to get by in the Premiership in Europe.:eekani: The EPL gets enough undue flak as it is, Bolton would bring the critics' house down.

·
International
9,526 Posts
who cares though, what the critics say. No one in Bolton will be bothered about a few tits on XT criticising them, if they get into Europe.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts