Discussion Starter #1
Code:
03.	FC Sevilla			32		52
04.	Villarreal			31		52
05.	Real Betis			32		51
06.	Espanyol			32		50
[b]07.	Valencia			32		49[/b]
08.	Athletic Bilbao			32		47
No Valencia in the Champions League would be tragic. But then the recent results have been very disappointing, can't seem to win a game. We need a good run at the death to reach 4th, but with so many other clubs in the running I'm not too optimistic.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
The worst of all is not the situation in the standings. Valencia is just 3 points under the CL and there are 18 points to play. The worst is the image of the team, that has many problems to score a goal and receives them easily, compared with the previous seasons.

IMO, there is one team which is playing in a superior level, Villarreal. The "Yellow submarine" seems the most reliable team, although they still have to go to the Bernabeu and the Camp Nou. The rest of the teams have been very irregular. Betis might lose concentration with the Copa del Rey, but they have something that the rest don't: a deadly forward line with Joaquín, Oliveira and Edu, which assures goals. Sevilla has also been very irregular lately and they're not as reliable at home, as they were at the begining.

Valencia had to face consecutively the 3 teams of the bottom of the standings. The first match in Mallorca was very disappointing and now they'll have to face Albacete at home and Numancia away. Valencia MUST win the 6 points, because the last games aren't that easy.

Later, Valencia will receive Barça at Mestalla and the culés may be fighting for the title and the following week they have to visit Montjuïc and Espanyol is a direct rival. Then it's the valencian derby against Levante in the Ciutat de València. Finally, Valencia will receive Osasuna at home. So I think that the key is going to be in the next 2 weeks, because after that, Valencia may lose points.

It doesn't look nice anyway, because the team's image is poor. In any case, the main adventage is that Valencia is the team that has more experience under pressure. Let's see.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
We're not playing well, but I'd also say the team is having bad luck. Not yesterday, because the game was horrible, but for example, one week ago Málaga tied in the 93rd minute after a big mistake from Cañizares. Also, in Anoeta Real Sociedad tied 3-3 in the last minute and we scored a legal goal but the referee didn't see it.

Anyways, I think we can make it, of course, we don't have a tough calendar (except Barça, but we play in Mestalla). Like Koeman4 said, the next two games are vital.

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Villareal beaten, Espanyol won, Betis lost, Sevilla won. And Valencia finally won! :happy:

One step closer now, the dream is alive! :proud:

·
Registered
300 Posts
we will surely make it to the cl.we are having the worst runs for now but with time we should be ably to pull through.as for barca we are going to win them but then they would have won the league.

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah it was a bit of a stretch but it felt appropriate for this forum. Incidentally I have lots of Valencia gear ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts