Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I am very happy today. I watched Real Madrid's 2nd half and they're completely DEAD. It's the first time that I feel more than confident about achieving La Liga title.

There are 10 matches to be played, that means 30 points. We're 11 points over Real Madrid. That means that we would have to lose 4 games from here to the end and Real Madrid would have to win everything from here to the end.

On the other hand, we still have to visit Riazor, Bernabeu and Mestalla and we have to receive Betis and Villarreal. That means that our last matches won't be easy.

Can we lose La Liga?

·
Registered
70,041 Posts
Well, it´s still possible to lose it...but I think we are ALMOST champions. Big difference between Barça and Madrid right now

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Only if things go extremely awry - something I really don't foresee. A win in the Bernabeu is what will effectively seal the title, so I'd say its not over just yet. Lets examine the converse of that question: can Madrid win La Liga? I doubt it. This title has to be ours.

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
If I were you I start buying the champaign and asprin because your going to have one hell of a party after 5 years!

besure you get the girls tipsy ;)

·
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Che said:
If I were you I start buying the champaign and asprin because your going to have one hell of a party after 5 years!

besure you get the girls tipsy ;)
Actually, that's why I am asking. We've been 5 years without a title (actually since June 1999) and I still don't want to say that we're champions, but my heart is already cellebrating. I mean, my brain stops me, it forces me to wait until it's everything done... but it looks really well.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
No. Its Over

·
Registered
520 Posts
Put it this way...if you can win it, then you can lose it. Nothing is for sure. 10 games is still too much. I'd be really worried about the squad becoming too over confident, especially with the Mestalla still looming.

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Koeman4 said:
Actually, that's why I am asking. We've been 5 years without a title (actually since June 1999) and I still don't want to say that we're champions, but my heart is already cellebrating. I mean, my brain stops me, it forces me to wait until it's everything done... but it looks really well.
you saw it, Madrid has no spirit no fight.

they all want to run off to their hair dressers instead of pIaying football.

we might be alive mathematically but for all intense purposed it all over!

knock yourselves out!

·
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Che said:
you saw it, Madrid has no spirit no fight.

they all want to run off to their hair dressers instead of pIaying football.

we might be alive mathematically but for all intense purposed it all over!

knock yourselves out!
Yes, actually I'm very confident, not because of Barça, but because of Madrid. If you ask me if Barcelona can lose 4 games, I would say that it's difficult, but not impossible. We've lost 3 games so far, although it doesn't mean anything, because we're not playing great lately. But Real Madrid, today I saw them creeping... the lack of confidence of this team is huge.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Oh just shut the fu(k up!! Everyone knows you're gonna win la liga. What's the point of this tread??!! :irritate:

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
kalo said:
Oh just shut the fu(k up!! Everyone knows you're gonna win la liga. What's the point of this tread??!! :irritate:
in victory or defeat be gracious and humble.

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
Dudes....

We are Barcelona. We can lose anything. :D:D

If I look at it objectively, I can't see Barca not winning the league. I don't expect us to win all of our games, but we only need 6 wins from 10. And even that is assuming Madrid win all 10 of their remaining games. And frankly, that Madrid team looks absolutely awful at times. Given the gap, and the morale damage they must have, I can't see them winning the league if they fail to beat us at their place. A draw there would be an excellent result, but a win for us would all but clinch it, I feel.

·
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
kalo said:
The truth is that I see very close. What's the point of the thread? Just asking how the barcelonistas feel right now and, as you see, some people still don't see it done.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Koeman4 didn´t like that I wasn´t sure yet (in the Real forum) as I think we have three difficult games away left. If we win one of them (Riazor, Mestalla, Bernabeu) the title definitely is ours.

Champagne is expensive and if I buy it I want to use it to celebrate. So I wait a few weeks. But it looks very good.

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Well with 38 matches altogether, a league campaign demands concentration without exception. This is the home strech, it would be a damn shame to throw it all away now. It's natural to find that celebratory mood but it's just too early yet. :)

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
:happy:

Real Madrid look dead. They look like a carbon copy of the team that died out after the Copa del Rey final last season. And with the title heading in our direction, it seems like they have nothing to play for.

What worries me more is if our players start to relax - we still have 10 games left! If we continue collecting points at home and salvaging points away, then we could win the title by 15+ points :eek: But with away games against Deportivo, Valencia and Real Madrid coming up, points can be dropped. Lets hope the players keep focused.

We are reaching the end of the tunnel, but there's still a little bit left ;)

·
Registered
346 Posts
Barça_Fan said:
:happy:

Real Madrid look dead. They look like a carbon copy of the team that died out after the Copa del Rey final last season. And with the title heading in our direction, it seems like they have nothing to play for.
This is exactly the reflection I had from Getafe - Real today. The lack of spirit must be worse than the result for them, actually. So, of course, it looks very good for us. It would be another matter if Real played like potential champions (= like Barca did last year at this time).

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
Guys, you have all reasons to be confident. You've played a fantastic football all the long season, unlucky lost the CL against Chelsea and your team will be more than motivated to play for the title.
You've still got some tough opponents to play, but i seriously doubt there's a team in laliga, which could stop you now. ;)

1 - 20 of 101 Posts