Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some of my happiest memories there and it is a good place to fight using controversial language ect... get out your frustrations or to discuss things that seem pointless or offensive to others. And if an arguement ever goes too, instead of it being closed, [frustrating the hell out of those involved], it can be finshed in the privacy of the a cell. And if u need a mod 4 it...:lick: the Reaper is here..:rollani:

:fero: :fero: :fero: :fero: :fero: :fero: :fero: :fero: :fero: :fero: :fero:

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
It was removed because the new management after the move decided it didn't have a point and would only cause distruption among members in Xtratime. I am of the same opinion but I can understand why people like the idea. I remember there was a thread there about some "Hitler Cafe" that was opened somewhere. :howler:

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Padded Cell was great, though the absence of it has coincided with the absence of GAZZA! which is always a great thing;)

Oh & come on, XT has PLENTY of pointless forums, food? Education? Jeez man.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
cam said:
Padded Cell was great, though the absence of it has coincided with the absence of GAZZA! which is always a great thing;)

Oh & come on, XT has PLENTY of pointless forums, food? Education? Jeez man.
However much they don't intrest me too much, the Community section helps us members get to know eachother better. What we like, what we don't etc. Then when it comes to thing that do matter ie. football, we are greater mates among ourselves. :)

The Padded Cell did the opposite, and I think this is one of the main reasons why it was removed.

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
I thought the Padded Cell was a very good idea in the first place, kudos to whoever invented it. But it was sorta dead by the time they decided to remove it, which was largely thanks to my highly controvertial thread about cats, by the way.

How is food a pointless forum? It's the most important thing in life man, it's there to be discussed.. just like music is. ;)

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
!bob said:
I thought the Padded Cell was a very good idea in the first place, kudos to whoever invented it. But it was sorta dead by the time they decided to remove it, which was largely thanks to my highly controvertial thread about cats, by the way.

How is food a pointless forum? It's the most important thing in life man, it's there to be discussed.. just like music is. ;)
Oh yeah, I remember that thread. :tongue:

I would be nice to read all that again, but I don't think it would be a good idea to bring it back. We want to make friends, not break them, right? The Padded Cell is a bit like the last resort to agrivation; the ring of death; Hell In The Cell (sorry I just had to say that); and I don't want XT to become full of people hating eachother.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Raven said:
Oh yeah, I remember that thread. :tongue:

We want to make friends, not break them, right? The Padded Cell is a bit like the last resort to agrivation; the ring of death; Hell In The Cell (sorry I just had to say that); and I don't want XT to become full of people hating eachother.
Don't be sorry that u called it "Hell In The Cell". I don't think someone of your sensitivity would be a happy bunny if we reopened it. Luckily, the people who took part in arguements and crazy suggestions could handle it!

To be honest also, if i was as concerned as u r in making friends on the internet - i too would fear some "friends" might argue occassionally. But a mature person should take into account that not everybody is like that and actually some people like to chat crap and relax in a good arguement.

P.S. Don't lose any sleep over it starting again - until i find Gazza!!

:fero: :fero: :fero: :fero: :fero: :fero: :fero: :fero: :fero: :fero: :fero:

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Reaper 7 said:
Don't be sorry that u called it "Hell In The Cell". I don't think someone of your sensitivity would be a happy bunny if we reopened it. Luckily, the people who took part in arguements and crazy suggestions could handle it!

To be honest also, if i was as concerned as u r in making friends on the internet - i too would fear some "friends" might argue occassionally. But a mature person should take into account that not everybody is like that and actually some people like to chat crap and relax in a good arguement.
Some of the stuff in there was great, but bringing arguments into the cell would only cause trouble in other forums, and why? So you and some other people of extreme "maturity" are happy? I couldn't care whether the cell reopens, and I would visit it as I did before, but it has no reason. If you want to relax, argue and talk crap then visit the Lak Lak Bar which is the same thing without people hating eachother.

·
Registered
59,034 Posts
where is our old friend GAZZA? :D I miss him :(

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Balis-of-Steel said:
In one word.

NO.! :)

Thank you for your question.

Basically for the reasons mentioned above.
Wow, that was strong, u must be a real man - i think that even turned me on!!
Amazing how nerds flex their digital muscles only on XT and not any other forums. Is that why it is so empty? - Can't be.:stress:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts