Xtratime Community banner

Can the EPL title race be competitive next year

• Total voters
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Yes and no doubt it is going to be. Things seem to be falling in place for the teams chasing Chelsea, all that is needed now is for these teams to be more consistant from the start of the season.

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Of course.

Considering the way we are playing just now without a frecking midfield, if we buy class players and not the likes of Duscher we wil be much better than the anti football kunts.

For the arse, same shit, they are already playing great..just one or two signings, and also for Gilberto to grow some balls and tackle.

For the scousers, if they get a great goalscorer and a winger they can be much more fluid.

·
Registered
28,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i find it interesting one the face of it:

Liverpool are going in the right direction, finding consistency aswell.

Utd look stronger than they have since they last won the title.

Arsenal seem to be moulding there 3rd generation of players who have the ability.

Spurs have started to also find the right formula with a moderately young team. ;)

BUT

If chelski sign BIG (Ballack, world class left back, WC Goalscorer) and they continue to play like they do then they'll be hard to catch,, plus they might steal your targets.

It all depends on:

Liverpool getting a quality goalscorer, natural right winger that gives us balance and we believe that we can challenge. Plus a good start, this season we only started going after october where we were like 21 points behind chelski.

Arsenal getting a midfielder, finding there old consistency, toughening up from home and believing in there ability.

utd getting the midfield commander they need.

I guess I've thrown more questions than answers, im an optimist so I think it might be more competititve :hopefull:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
definately, Man Utds attacking style should be used straight from the start next season and saha should play more
liverpool will be fresher having not played as many games
arseanl will be a year more experienced and will be on a high if they win the CL
Sunderland will be... no w8 they will probably be relegated:D:D:D

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Of course. Its hard to see Chelsea getting any better, although you never know. I think there is more chance of the remaining clubs catching up a bit. Arsenal's season was a write off in the league this season, and I doubt it will happen again. United in recent weeks have been excellent, and Liverpool will definitely get a goalscorer and right-winger inthe summer, so will improve.

I certainly hope it is more competitive, as long as its not United who benefits ;)

·
Registered
28,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Green One said:
Of course. Its hard to see Chelsea getting any better, although you never know. I think there is more chance of the remaining clubs catching up a bit. Arsenal's season was a write off in the league this season, and I doubt it will happen again. United in recent weeks have been excellent, and Liverpool will definitely get a goalscorer and right-winger inthe summer, so will improve.

I certainly hope it is more competitive, as long as its not United who benefits ;)
:thumbsup: agreed to everything

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
no chance, unless Chelsea capitulate, no-one else has the capabilties to have a squad like theirs, and this summer they will lay out the dough even more.

shame but everyone else will have defincies, Chelsea make sure they have none. :depress:

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Jern: who's the Vluareall team on your sig? are they from Andorra or something? :googly:

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
if the chasing teams can get a little more depth like chelsea have, and play well from the beginning and not give chelsea an early lead like this season, then yes it could be quite close next year.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts