Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
1st Tier Poster
49,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well why the fck not?

I mean Greece won Euro2004 in pretty much the same fashion.

The worst case scenario is that they face England and Croatia next...both are well-known choker nations and Sweden has no pressure to win.

Other possible opponents like Colombia or Russia are quite beatable for them in any normal day.

The final will be tricky of course...then again they did beat France in a qualifier a year ago.

·
Administrator
52,840 Posts
Hahaha no, this is so far the best summer in Sweden since world cup 94, but fvck no! This thread can't be serious.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32,047 Posts
There hasnt been a real suprise winner since what 1954? 1950? And even then we are probably talking at least dark horses.

Lots of suprising teams to reach the final and then lose though.

·
Administrator
52,840 Posts
why the f*ck not?
Because....I don't want to even consider the possibility, less heartache that way :D

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,509 Posts
Honestly, just want to see a new winner, that's all. If Sweden or anyone for that matter can pull it off, it would be interesting. Especially in convincing fashion, preferably less own goals, penalties and deflections involved, etc.

·
Registered
32,047 Posts
Given how the QFs shape up in the tough side of the draw (Uruguay, France, Belgium, Brazil), from where the eventual champion is likely to come, at least one can't claim in the end that this will have been a cheap World Cup win, like in 2002.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts