Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you think, Ramos is certainly giving it a good go, he has bought plenty of lightweight midfielders and sold all the players that can score goals, Hull and West Brom are finding it very hard to keep up with Spurs level of utter mediocrity and Stoke are doing themsleves no favours scoring from long throws?

another couple of expensive crap players in January and Ramos may even keep Spurs at the bottom place.

good work.

this is mainly another lets laugh at Spurs thread.

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
I think Spurs will be worrying about West Brom and Stoke at this rate :pp

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
There appears to be an equation, the more Spurs spend the worse they start the season.

I do feel sorry for Bentley :howler:, a "dream" move to Spurs to further his career at a "bigger" club and advance his England career, only to see his beloved Spurs crash game after game and then see Walcott establish himself in the England team.

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bentley will get a chance to cement his England place when Theo moves to the striker position, oh but sorry, by that time then Jack Wilshere will have the RM place. :D

·
Registered
293 Posts
what do you think, Ramos is certainly giving it a good go, he has bought plenty of lightweight midfielders and sold all the players that can score goals, Hull and West Brom are finding it very hard to keep up with Spurs level of utter mediocrity and Stoke are doing themsleves no favours scoring from long throws?

another couple of expensive crap players in January and Ramos may even keep Spurs at the bottom place.

good work.

this is mainly another lets laugh at Spurs thread.
:howler::howler::howler:

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
I seriously hope they get relegated, deserves them right for buying overpriced garbage like Pavljuchenko
You could insert a bunch of other names there too :D

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
They'll probably splash out another £50m in January and stumble into 13th spot as usual.

The thing is that their defence has been shit for ages now, and they haven't had a proper holding midfielder for about two years, but they always had Berbatov and Keane to dig them out of whatever hole they would be placed in by their defence with goals at the other end. But it's going to be difficult for them to play the "you score four, we'll score more" game now that their strikers are the thoroughly average Bent and Pavlyuchenko. You do the math. :D

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah, and what happened to Woodgate, he used to be a top defender at Leeds and Newcastle, now he's a yard slower and he shows all the composure of Cygan on a bad day?

·
Registered
11,521 Posts
Yea Ramos was such an awesome coach at Sevilla and all of a sudden look what happened to him.

Just like A.L.S, we have now S.J.S ;)

·
Registered
14,806 Posts
I thought the performance and result against Chelsea would kick-start them. Obviously not. Still, we're all glad preseason is over.

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
I seriously don't see why Spurs have been given this given right to always being tipped to break into the top four when teams like Everton, Man City and Villa have comparable squads.

·
소원을 말해봐
5,413 Posts
lol good one.

i really want to know where they will finish at the end of the season. surely they cant lose every game can they? :p

·
Arsenalation
2,036 Posts
haha maturin ....i tried that but it didnt come out.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I seriously don't see why Spurs have been given this given right to always being tipped to break into the top four when teams like Everton, Man City and Villa have comparable squads.
It's this obsession with 'big name' signings really. Gomes, Modric, Giovanni dos Santos, Bentley - people don't even think about the possibility of these players failing. They're big names so they'll equal a good team, that's what a lot of people think. It's no surprise that the team everyone is touting for top four now is Man City, simply because they splashed out £32m on Robinho.

Then you get a team like Villa who don't buy big name foreign players and tend to concentrate on bringing in English players: Luke Young, Nicky Shorey, Curtis Davies. You won't get people falling over themselves to tip those players for greatness, but they get the job done. I remember a couple of years back when O'Neill paid £10m for Ashley Young and a lot of people, me included, scoffed at that one. All the Watford fans I knew were pleased and said that they'd ripped Villa off for an average player, and no doubt there would have been a lot more excitement if O'Neill had bought some exotic player from South America with the money, but look who's laughing now.

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
it's ok signing big names if you still take care of the weaknesses of the team, Spurs this summer though just got the biggest names possible regardless of what position and style of player, so they end up with about four midget attacking midfielders and no-one with any tactical discipline. :dielaugh: it's a shambles, oh and selling their best two players that scored all the goals didn't help.

·
Registered
59,100 Posts
We need Jol back.

Hope to see Newcastlelike protests demanding the return of the great man

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
you need Jol, Keane and Berbatov back, oh and Dave Mackay. ;)

1 - 20 of 155 Posts