Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43,497 Posts
Mourinho's time away from coaching as a pundit seems to have won him a lot of new fans...many of whom used to despise the guy. Smart play.

·
Administrator
52,351 Posts
Yeah it worked on me too, because he was sensible, smart very candid and agreeable as a pundit. More humble and since he was only talking good game and not coaching, you didnt associate anything negative with him anymore.

But now that he is, I expect him to be found out as an absolete coach again, and things to turn toxic in the camp when he cant handle it. But maybe not on the toxicity, years of failure seems to have humbled him.

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
10,872 Posts
I can see him do a good job over the next couple of seasons. It's a squad at the right age and experience level for Jose and sufficiently hungry having not won anything but having been close to it. But eventually it will go toxic and an ingracious exit will follow unless he upgrades before that happens ala Inter to Madrid.

·
Administrator
52,351 Posts
The exit is happening whether he is there or not. Eriksen, Alderweireld and Verthongen contract running out this coming summer. I'm not sure why Kane or Son should be motivated to stay with no CL, very stingy management that dont upgrade team and being coached by Mourinho either. Doesnt exactly scream competitive.

·
Registered
43,497 Posts
Mourinho hugs the ballboy whose quickness was instrumental in Spurs' 2nd goal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts