Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sick and tired of him his head is everwhere his voice is heard all the time.Yes Guy Sebastian I'm fed up with him we get his face shoved in our faces where ever we turn,here in australia they were crying why he did'nt win world idol.Is it because they could'nt accept that there were more talented people than him.

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
Schumy said:
I'm sick and tired of him his head is everwhere his voice is heard all the time.Yes Guy Sebastian I'm fed up with him we get his face shoved in our faces where ever we turn,here in australia they were crying why he did'nt win world idol.Is it because they could'nt accept that there were more talented people than him.

OH, it seems that there´s also a big hype around that pop-idol-thing in Australia. ;) It was the same with the german No.3. Daniel K. here, Daniel K. there. And he is just nerving and even does not have a voice like Guy.

Hm, just ignore Guy and the hype around him. And you should listen to Kurt Nilsen , the worldidol winner! That man is great. Not because of his looking (Guy looks better.), but Kurt is a person who can sing! :) :rollani: I was in a record shop and his CD felt into my eyes. I decided to check it out and the result is I am totally mad about it. *gg*

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
Who the heck is Guy Sebastian?

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The winner of the Australian Idol contest,Some real try hard with this afro.

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
Schumy said:
ah I see :).

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
I don't really pay attention to one hit wonder type things like this.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Schumy said:
:howler: Leave him alone 'hes the bro with the fro':howler: :D

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
Mise_Me_Fein said:
I don't really pay attention to one hit wonder type things like this.
One hit wonder ? nah, I would not call it that way. I think such shows could be a good way to discover new talents and to introduce them to a bigger crowd.
For the boys and girls who really can sing it is a big chance to become a star! Especially to those who have one this dream but they probably to not have the money for recording a disk by themselves to search for a record company which brings the stuff out then.
But the problem with these shows is the big hype around it. Like said for Australia (in Germany and elsewhere its the same) : Guy everywhere. His face, his voice. First its nice for the people : a new face , someone to cheer for. But after a while its to much and you begin to dislike the person because the hype around it gets nerving.
Was the same with me with the german Idol. I loved the song the german Idol Alex K sung in the show. I had to have it as soon as it came out. But after some weeks I somehow couldnt hear it anymore. It was totally overplayed.
I would not call him a one-hit-wonder (his next singles were not less sucessful), but I fear in 2 or 3 years no one will really care about Alex any more. And it will be the same with Guy.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Whatever man. I know loads of people that can sing well. I think if you really are talented you will make it without shows like this crap.

In Ireland all these shows are producing is these crappy boy band singers singing all the same crap.

What about a singing/songwriting show instead of a singing one. That would show real talent.

There are tonnes of good singers and they way they sound and not the way they look to people show decide their future, but that isn't the case usually............pure crap

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Totally overhyped crap,Had he of walked into a recording studio they would've told him to get bent.The Publicity he received gave him the Platform.We'll see where he'll be in months to come.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Mise_Me_Fein said:
What about a singing/songwriting show instead of a singing one. That would show real talent.
You mean Fame Academy?:tongue:

Frankly, any show judged by the general public is a non-event because they are idiots with no regards to talent, nor to complicated music that needs to be listened to to be admired.

And any show judged by people in the music industry, be it journos or record execs are also totally meaningless. They know only how to hype the average & to sell one hit wonders on their appearance rather than their actual musical talent.

In a nut-shell, true talent will always shine through to music fans, but record labels do not give deals on talent, but rather sellability. And so long as people continue to buy rubbish by talentless manipulated twats then talent will continue to be a mainstay of the underground alone.

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
Mise_Me_Fein said:

That would be a good idea.
Btw : On the album of the Norwegian Idol most of the songs were written by himself! I was quite surprised when I realized that, because thats a little untypical for singers who came out from such casting-shows.
And in Austria (I think it was in that country, not sure...) they had a show where the people had to write own songs.

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
cam said:
You mean Fame Academy?:tongue:
I do not know wether we two mean the same "Fame Academy", but where they able to bring in own ideas/ own songs??? :confused: In Germany they were not.
In the german version they put some -more or less- talented boys and girls in a house, worked with them on dancing and singing. Of course the daily summary on TV. Every week one person was voted out by the viewers until there were 6 left.
And from these 6 a band was formed. No one here really cared/cares about FA ; the singles they let out during the time of the shows and the first one of the band was not bought very often. No chance for the people taking part in it when the viewers on TV do not accept the whole stuff!

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
Schumy said:
Totally overhyped crap,Had he of walked into a recording studio they would've told him to get bent.The Publicity he received gave him the Platform.We'll see where he'll be in months to come.
is he already sucessful in other countries? And are the Idols from other countries known in Australia?

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
cam said:
Frankly, any show judged by the general public is a non-event because they are idiots with no regards to talent, nor to complicated music that needs to be listened to to be admired.
Problem is that in this case the "general public" consists mainly of girls in their early teens.

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
Originally posted by cam
Frankly, any show judged by the general public is a non-event because they are idiots with no regards to talent, nor to complicated music that needs to be listened to to be admired
They're not idiots. The idiots are the guys who manufacture these "talents". The stakes have become too high for studios the world over to allow artistic risk: They can’t afford to leave anyone out of the potential audience pool. They rewrite songs, reshoot videos, and in general “focus-group” their pictures to death to make sure that no segment of the audience will be turned off. Now doesn’t that just suck. For people in countries such as mine, the only solution is the internet, seek and you’ll find what lies beneath all the commercial crap. If it weren’t for the internet, I can’t imagine how corrupted my musical taste would have been by mass-media and golden hits collections. Like you said, record labels give deals on sellability.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Ah, but then if the general public dug a little, as you do, or I do, then they too could open their minds past the dirge of tits & arse of MTV & Radio 1.

In Fame Academy in the UK it was a bunch of generic pop farts plus one or two "alternative" (what ever the hell that means these days, it used to Pixies & Sonic Youth, now it's Good Charlotte & Avril Lavigne:howler: ) looking people. And they were "raw talent" rather than the "refined article":howler: that goes on Pop Idol etc. But they got lessons in the vital skill of dancing:rollani: as well as singing & song writing, & indeed they write their own songs, or at least that's the idea.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts