Xtratime Community banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sunderland could be ready to launch a £1.5 million bid for Celtic's Norwegian international midfielder Vidar Riseth, according to reports in Scotland.
Black Cats manager Peter Reid has reportedly been watching the 28-year-old for the past six months, and despite not being able to watch Riseth during the European Championships due to the fact he did not start a single game for Norway, he is ready to make his move.

When asked about the deal, Reid refused to either confirm or deny the reports saying: "I have a number of players on my shopping list, but things just don't happen overnight

"I am still confident of bringing in three or four new players before the start of the season."

The former LASK Linz player has struggled to gain regular starting place at Celtic Park, since his move in September 1998 and he could be persuaded to move South of the Border for regular first team football.

If Riseth did move to the Stadium of Light then he would join an expanding band of Scandinavians which include: Thomas Sorenson, Stefan Schwarz and Carsten Fredgaard.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts