1 - 20 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
They can... but won't

·
1st Tier Poster
50,163 Posts
It's theoretically possible, but unlikely. To have a shot at the title, you should win all your remaining games. I think it's very unlikely, considering that you face Villareal, Real Sociedad, Sevilla, Atletico...

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
I think its 50%-50%. Madrid are highly motivated, while Barcelona's performances are still declining. I remember in the beginning of the season we won a whole bunch of games, untill players started getting injured. Actually, I think Larsson's injury was the turning point.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Yes, they can.

Because of the fact Barcelona hold the tie-breaker advantage should the two teams finish level on points, we need them to slip up 3 times in 7 games. Barcelona slipping up against Valencia and Villarreal is VERY realistic, but we also need them to drop points against ONE of these clubs:

*Getafe
*Malaga
*Sociedad
*Albacete
*Levante

Barcelona have enough talent to claim 15 points from those teams, but this is la liga and anything can happen. Who thought Barcelona would drop back-to-back points against Espanyol and Numancia?

Real Madrid need to win EVERY game and see what happens.

I have a funny feeling Getafe can get a point at the Nou Camp this weekend, and then all hell will break lose as the two teams battle it out for the title.

I believed we could win the title as soon as Luxemburgo took over, and I see no reason to change my mind.

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
El Fenómeno said:
Yes, they can.

Because of the fact Barcelona hold the tie-breaker advantage should the two teams finish level on points, we need them to slip up 3 times in 7 games. Barcelona slipping up against Valencia and Villarreal is VERY realistic, but we also need them to drop points against ONE of these clubs:

*Getafe
*Malaga
*Sociedad
*Albacete
*Levante

Barcelona have enough talent to claim 15 points from those teams, but this is la liga and anything can happen. Who thought Barcelona would drop back-to-back points against Espanyol and Numancia?

Real Madrid need to win EVERY game and see what happens.

I have a funny feeling Getafe can get a point at the Nou Camp this weekend, and then all hell will break lose as the two teams battle it out for the title.

I believed we could win the title as soon as Luxemburgo took over, and I see no reason to change my mind.
Did anyone even NEED to ask you?

:D:D:D:D :thumbsup:

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
El Fenómeno said:
:D Thanks Visca.

How sweet will it be to win the league despite the fact Barcelona led 90% of the way. :D
If it happens like that, then it would surely be a moral victory for us. :stuckup: :D

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Real's win over Barcelona had a psychological effect on both teams. Therefore, Barcelona's next few games could be off while Real are getting good results. Hopefully this is true :)

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Depends entirely on how Barca does. If Madrid smell any weakness in Barca and observe that they are breaking under the pressure than I think that will motivate Madrid to win their remaining games. However if Barca continue to win their next few games, I think it will be Madrid that will break under the pressure and lose one of their matches.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
naa.. dont see that happenin... hope is there though

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
you never know...Luxa is one lucky SOB when it comes to similar cases

i heard that when he was managing santos, 3 matches left in the league and first place team lost all 3 of them and santos won the brazilian league....

so you never know ;)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Of course RM has a chance to win La Liga. I'd just like to see an exciting finish regardless of who wins. But one thing shocks me - how soft-hearted you Madridista fans have gotten. You still have basically the best players. Where's your faith, passion and of course the touch of arrogance??!! Your team is nothing without it. So the players at least BETTER get it back.

1 - 20 of 206 Posts