Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
19,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They have a great attacking side with Giroux and co. And this season they will not waste energy in a european cup. They lost to stronger side though (Lyon and PSG) but still, they are impressive.

Another convincing win, yesterday against Caen (3-1) after a win against Dijon (5-3).Do you think they will

·
Registered
55,697 Posts
i think that when the big clubs will be out of european competitions (which will happen soon) it will be harder for them to keep the top.

·
Registered
19,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Winning against Nancy, even if it is not really a surprise.

Here is the schedule till the end of the season :

dim 06/11/2011 L1 - 13e j. Saint-Etienne - Montpellier
sam 19/11/2011 L1 - 14e j. Montpellier - Marseille
sam 26/11/2011 L1 - 15e j. Sochaux - Montpellier
sam 03/12/2011 L1 - 16e j. Montpellier - Lorient
sam 10/12/2011 L1 - 17e j. Valenciennes - Montpellier
sam 17/12/2011 L1 - 18e j. Montpellier - Toulouse
mer 21/12/2011 L1 - 19e j. Evian TG - Montpellier

·
Registered
19,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A draw against Sainté (away) and a win against Marseille. I think they will keep the pace honestly...

·
Registered
19,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
4-0 against Lorient. I guess they will lead at mid championship now.

sam 10/12/2011 L1 - 17e j. Valenciennes - Montpellier
sam 17/12/2011 L1 - 18e j. Montpellier - Toulouse
mer 21/12/2011 L1 - 19e j. Evian TG - Montpellier

·
Registered
28,215 Posts
Only 'big' game of theirs I've watched was against OL early in the season and I must say despite losing 2-1 at the Gerland they played very very well.

·
Registered
19,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Probable line-up against Valenciennes :

Montpellier : Jourdren - Bocaly, Yanga-Mbiwa, Hilton, Bédimo - Saihi, Marveaux, Belhanda - Dernis, Giroud, Utaka

·
Registered
19,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A win against Lyon. Where do you think Giroud could end when the season his over ? Already 14 goals scored so far. If Paris buy foreigners, Marseille ? Lyon ? Lille ?

·
Registered
28,215 Posts
I'd love him at OM, would be brilliant, he could be another iconic forward at the Velodrome. However, Montpellier's pricing of him is ridiculous, I heard around 40mil when Arsenal inquired.

·
Registered
58,949 Posts
Giroud pretty much came from nowhere. Tours..

Montpellier, another South France club to have an iconic chairman :D

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
Stambouli looks like he can be a real serious player for the future. Very good at breaking up opponents play, puts himself about, his stamp on a Lyon player at the beginning of the game was bordering on real nasty but he can also play and looks good on the ball himself too.

Bedimo and Yanga-M'Biwa continue to look good and the old head in the team Dernis is proving very useful to the team.

Typical Giroud goal. He times his runs so well into the penalty area.

·
The Black Knight
2,038 Posts
Is Montpellier's Chairman a temperamental type? I have heard some very amusing angry quotes from someone at Montpellier. :D

If Montpellier play how I saw them against Lyon, and manage to keep up that confidence and sheer presence, they may well challenge for the title even, not just Europe.
I believe PSG will win the title, but I am interested to see how well Montpellier will do. :)

·
Roland Romeyer
1,517 Posts
I hope Giroud does not end up in the Olympiques.
He can stay in Montpellier if they get Champions League! That would be awesome for them :)

Montpellier beats lol 1-0, with 16 shots against 2. :proud:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts