Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Banned
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a feeling Messi might end up as a greater player than Ronaldinho. He is only 18, faster and more direct and always goes for the goal.

Ronaldinho on the other hand is an entertainer, who plays for the crowd, and if he was direct like Messi, he could score more goals.

There is another thing, players who become stars at such a young age usually fizzle out. Barcelona do have a good structure and excellent management, and it my not happen to Messi.

But do you think in the long run, Messi could have a bigger impact on Barcelona's history than Ronaldinho??

·
Registered
449 Posts
Everything is possible, you never know :)
But one thing for sure, is that from now until 4 years, we have the best player in Argentina and the best player in Brazil.
Such a thing happens once every billion years :)

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
in football, everything is possible, each one of them has fantastic way of playing the ball

·
Banned
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But if Messi can emulate Maradona, then he will be the undisputed king.

Come to think of it, he needs to do what Maradona did. That is move to a smaller club and prove you can make them win on your own.

I suggest Parma :stuckup: :D

Great idea dont you think :D

·
fawkin legend
4,943 Posts
2Pac said:
... more direct and always goes for the goal
How many times does he miss the goal ?

... if he was direct like Messi, he could score more goals.
He actually scores more goals

During 4 years Messi can go up or downhill (like Kluivert or Saviola).

I enjoy him at Barcelona but I'm really tired of the hype.

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
Barçawinner said:
Imo Messi is already in the same league as Eto'o, Deco, Xavi, Puyol and Ronaldinho
Yep, they all play in La Liga is that what you are trying to say?

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
Potentially, Messi can overtake Ronaldinho, but I consider it somewhat unlikely, particularly to happen in this timeframe. Ronaldinho will be at his peak in 4 years.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
He may not be that direct. But he is the 3rd top scorer in la liga. Now that is a feat for an attacking mid! and he consistently scores too. Just cos messi might score more goals dont mean he is a better player. Judge them by their ability and their playing attributes. Maybe messi is more direct because Rijkaard tells him to be, thats probably the requirement of his position! Whereas Ronaldinho is tasked as a playmaker. I think if as u say messi would get more goals, then there is an arguement to say Ronaldinho will get more assists. Now as that is just as worthwile an achievement as getting goals. I dont think you can say, Messi is better just because he is more direct and faster and may get more goals. Ronaldinho does it all, scores and assists. But ill give you one thing, you never know what the future holds...

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
I think Messi will indeed overtake Ronaldinho in a few years. If he continues improving like this, that is.
There's no doubt who's the best player on Earth, but Messi is still young and I don't see why he would go downhill. He has everything he needs at Barcelona. He gets good off the field guidance from Rijkaard and the coaching staff, great on field guidance from Ronaldinho and Eto'o, he has a great stadium full of people who have nothing but praise and support for him, he's good a positive attitude and generally seems to be a down-to-earth guy. Besides, he plays in one of the best teams ever so that can only help. He has everything going for him.

I'm so excited to see how he turns out. I'm happy to have the future no.1 in Barcelona.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Messi's bad days, are better than Ronaldinho's bad days. But on good days, Ronaldinho is better than Messi on a good day. If Messi keeps on developing like this, he will be better than Ronaldinho on good days too.

Understand where I'm going with this? :lala:

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Im just hoping the kid develops properly and we get to enjoy him at Barcelona.

Better than Ronaldinho? I couldnt really say but if Im cold pressed and had to give an my guess would be no. Ronaldinho has more aspects to his game and with him being the leading figure in Barcelona Messi might not develop aspects of his game like assisting as he would be on the end of them most of the time.

·
Banned
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Move to Parma and prove your real worth Messi :D

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
I don't know if i agree with the whole young players fizzle out theory.

If the player is good enough he plays and that's that.

Maradona was playing when he was 15-16 and he turned out fine.

Of course injuries are one thing, but you shouldn't hold back such talent. Protect it yes, but not hold back.

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
I think that young talent never fades. It just lacks the needed attitude sometimes. Talented players can't become bad players.

The worst the staff can do is fail Messi and let the praise get to his head. If they can keep him firmly on the ground, nothing will stop him. The problem of youth talents is that they think they've reached the hall of fame at the age of 20, and then they stop trying, the attitude of their environment changes and they can't deal with it anymore.
It won't happen to Messi.

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
Passion4Barca said:
I think that young talent never fades. It just lacks the needed attitude sometimes. Talented players can't become bad players.

The worst the staff can do is fail Messi and let the praise get to his head. If they can keep him firmly on the ground, nothing will stop him. The problem of youth talents is that they think they've reached the hall of fame at the age of 20, and then they stop trying, the attitude of their environment changes and they can't deal with it anymore.
It won't happen to Messi.
Partly correct, yes, but the reality is that sometimes young prodigies can't make it professionally, and it is not always about the attitude. Perhaps they played against inferior competition all their life and were labeled the next "..." and when they turned professionally, they found out that they were just not good enough. Many times it is about the attitude and other factors, but sometimes it is talent, or lack thereof.

Anyways, I don't think Messi will overtake him in 4 years. Maybe later in his career, but not at the age of 22.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts