Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think? The qualification for Champions' League is almost certain, barring any major mishaps. But can the Reds do well in the competition?

I think the present squad will not be able to last the season. Houllier may say he doesn't want any new players in the summer, but the fact is that he needs them. With so many games to play, the present squad is certainly not enough.

I think Liverpool will have done very well to get past the first phase - being pessimistic, despite being a fan?

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
As the ever pesimistic fan I would have to agree. I don't fancy Matteo being subjected to the likes of Macca and Salgado or Figo any time soon. Also if he gets injured then Staunton will play (gulp).
I think that we need to bring in a few players to give the squad more depth and when Houllier says no players are coming he is lieing (ur......back up keeper needed).

X

·
0 Posts
i heard sergi is almost certain...and he can play as left winger too...

but the fact is that our squad is too young..and not enough experienced!!
only staunton has won the league before..

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
I think GH is not serius when saying this stuff.He will strengthen the squad and he will do that good.Trust him...

Come on Reds!!!!!!!! I cant believe we allowed 2 goals in 14 minutes.

------------------
The sun will rise again...and it will be...GIALLOBLU!

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
If we can't beat Chelsea then what chance is there of us doing well in Europe.

S

·
0 Posts
I think if we do get in the CL its blatantly obvious our squad needs strengthening in a few departments (full backs + creative midfielder) if we're gonna do well. If we do this we can maybe get to the 1/4 finals and then who knows. But remember our squad has little experience playing in big European matches and this may count against them next year - especially in the latter stages.

But thats all part of the learning process (Man utd won the CL on their 6th attempt after the ban on English clubs) and maybe in afew years we will be in the same position as Man utd and enter the CL as one of the favourites to win. Until then we will play in hope rather than belief in winning the trophy. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts