Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've been humiliated..slaughtered by a pacy young team...lost three members of the team and need three goals to have a direct route to the semis.
It's possible but difficult
Much more difficult than what we went through against Madrid in 03'
But on our day..Vieira or no Vieira we can beat anybody.
I believe we'll make it through
How do you rate Juve's chances?

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
No, cuz knowing Cap, he'd still play Zlatan for others that are good, still make the best changes in the 80th min, play the most boring tactic in the world, etc. ....

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Honestly, the way Juve has been playing in Europe and all year long, they probably don't deserve to be among the top 4 teams in Europe. Football is not only about defensive and sterile play you know...;)

ALLEZ ARSENAL!!!!:shades:

Cheers.;)

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
I don't think so, I predict another 0-0 like last year with Liverpool. Its like as if Juve are uninterested about winning the Champions League.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
San Siro said:
Honestly, the way Juve has been playing in Europe and all year long, they probably don't deserve to be among the top 4 teams in Europe. Football is not only about defensive and sterile play you know...;)

ALLEZ ARSENAL!!!!:shades:

Cheers.;)
Wow, I didn't know you didn't support Milan's achievements in Europe and domestically before this year........ :confused:

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
the problem with juve is that capello has a "conservative mind" when it comes to football...he isn't the type to gamble..he likes to play it safe by flooding the midfield as usual with dm's that look like they're going through a midlife crisis..as usual sticking with ibrahimovic and taking trez out although ibrahimovic have been dismal for quite some time now...

now i don't think there's a way for us back because capello will still play it safe..it's like he doesn't have it in him when it comes full fledged attacking football..which juve is definitely capable of given the talent they have..so unfortanately for us juve fans we will probably be out..unless capello realizes that these uncreative middle aged men in the midfield aren't going to cut it anymore and actually tries to see if he can create a spark in the midfield that will hopefully inspire the team...

this is a lesson for capello anyways..in the coming transfer window we have to build a team conditioned to face pacy players because these old men aren't cutting it anymore..ie liverpool vs. milan...bremen vs. juve..and now arsenal vs. juve..it just doesn't work anymore

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
You won't score three against the best defence in the Champions League, and keep us scoreless. We're gonna win this ****en thing.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Sir Leonardo said:
You won't score three against the best defence in the Champions League, and keep us scoreless. We're gonna win this ****en thing.
Haha... last time i heard it was a waste of time.

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Juve should enjoy the extra revenue they will receive from the encounter, because, of course, it's a bonus they're already there. If they manage to win 3-0, 4-1 etc. it's even more of a bonus. It's probably about time Arsenal deserved to reach the semi-finals anyway.

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
I think Juve can definitely get back into this draw. I don't think 2 goals is such a big deficit. If it were 3-0 I'd say that the chances that Juve get back in it were slim, but 2-0 is not as secure as it seems.

The only reason why I like Arsenal's chances is because the next leg is away and because Arsenal's midfield beat Juve's at it's strongest. Now without Vieira and Camoranesi the team will be weaker. This being said I wouldn't write them off right away. Unless Arsenal kill them off by scoring one or two at Delle Alpi then this remains wide open.

·
MVP
8,984 Posts
3-0 can happen. The potential is there.

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
It will be very difficult...if Arsenal score 1 goal Juventus will need 4 and sorry but I dont see them scoring 4 against Arsenal but I can see Arsenal scoring at least 1.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
It's Juve, it's an Italian team,... so they can overcome the result, but it's unlikely. Arsenal play comfortable in the counter-attack and Capello won't be able to sit back and wait as he always does. I think it's difficult Arsenal can't score in Turin... but this is football and I've seen everything.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Arsenal wouldnt need to win in Turin...

Obviously Ars would play Defensive and Lone-Henry.

Juve would Attack... (seldom seen)
Henry would Exploit...

Result : Scoring Draw
Ciao Juve!

·
Cronios
553 Posts
the maximum result we can get is 3-1,
not enough,
thats what i said before this game score or die,
we didnt necesary had to draw, just to score,
loosing 3-1 would at least give us a change to go on xtratime with a 3-1 win,