Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Judging by the performances of tha Italian National team thus far i think they have the potential to go far in this tournament ;) :)
Mind u i even beleive they posess the footballing nouse to go on & lift the trophy on July 2'nd! :) :)
If Italy pass their test against Romania they'll most likely come up against Holalnd & i honestly believe Italy can overcome the "Orange punch" & progress to the final.
We'll c what happens come July 2'nd!

Forza Azzuri :) :) :)

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
I am convinced that the Italians can go all the way. Why? It's simple: who will score against them? Ha! That sure is a tough task!
Now, will they do it? Well, that's another story. I sure hope they eliminate the Dutch (that is IF the Dutch go that far and don't get eliminated by the Yugos earlier).

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Italy may have brilliant defence but the two goals they conceded were quite silly and really could have been prevented. If Cannovaro and co. dont make mistakes then Italy won't concede anything.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Of course they can go all the way..
BUT they must not under estimate the Romanians..
If you noticed their last match they played till the end..
'The last 20minutes of this up-coming match can be the most crucial..
\the Attack for the italians must continue through out the entire game..
'As far as strategy going up a goal or two and sitting back to rely on the defense can be dangerous.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Italy CAN go all the way. But they need luck, fighting spirit, and a better working midfield to manage the difficult task. Italy´s problem is that they don´t have a good strategic midfielder. The players that are in the Italian midfield are defensive midfielders, and they don´t have any offensive skills. The two exceptions are Zambrotta (who has proved himself as a strong winger in the league) and Fiore (who has had a great tournament this far). Italy needs a player in the midfield that can hold the ball, dribble past a few oppenents and create an opportunity for the other players (most likely the strikers). France has got Zidane in this position, but I think that Italy has got an equally good one in Del Piero. The best thing, in my opinion, would be to use Del Piero as an offensive midfielder that plays behind the two strikers (Inzaghi and Totti). Moving Del Piero back would mean that Italy would have a more creative midfield and this should give them more scoring chances and more controll of the matches. If I were the coach, I would go for a 3-4-1-2 line-up. Three really strong defenders (Cannavarro, Nesta, Maldini), two defensive midfielders (Conte, Pessoto) and two offensive ones (Zambrotta and Fiore). In front of these I would play Del Piero as an offensive midfielder in a free position just behind Inzaghi (who acctually is doing some great stuff for the team) and Totti. Do you like this line-up ???

·
Registered
374 Posts
I like it... but Zoff The Idiot probably wouldn't! Zoff is going to be their undoing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts