Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Franck Ribery came from Brest last season to Metz. He has been a huge succes this season and been selected for the U21 France team. He scored also for the U21.

He is a rightwinger I think and very talented. He was choosen "months best player in august I think after a superb game vs L´OM.

btw Im not satisfied with him going to Galatasaray. His chances of seeing the real NT is not that big now, the same goes for Nicolas Anelka who is transfered to Fenerbache

·
Premium Member
19,837 Posts
I think we (French) underrated the Turkish league a bit, Jacques. Probably because they do not show it at all here.
But i 'd rather see Anelka playing (probably) in the CL next year than staying in Manchester City.

Ribery was elected best player of the month of August in France.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
i don't think it's a good thing for him to go to galatasaray right now
i mean he has only 6 months of ligue1 experience and now he's going to one of the biggest clubs in turkey with a lot of pressure, i'm afraid he's going to put his career in real danger.
he soulf have stayed in france for at least 2 years before going abroad.

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am happy about the good posts abou him, also if he plays real good in Galatasaray, I will guarantee you that he would play in the NT team and get transferred to a bigger European club..

The Turkish press are saying that he plays like Pires, is this True? if not not then who does he play like?

·
Registered
626 Posts
he can become the new mix between giuly(for speed and acceleration) and dhorasoo for his ''mind'' games

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
really sad seeing him leave for Turkey :(

·
Registered
75 Posts
Sad to see him go as well and i think he might not perform up to his potential there because of all the pressure when he's only had 6 months of Ligue 1 action.

he looks like VERY Good player and i agree he should've stayed in France for at least another year or two before moving to a club where they expect big things out of him.

and I wouldn't say right now he's as good as Giuly or Pires but he does resemble those two i guess.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts