Fiorentina prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year they were legit contenders for CL Spots, I feel this year they are even stronger.. Sure they lost Jovetic, but they have Gained Illicic, Gomez, Rossi..

Apparently there are more 'surprise' signings on the way.2 years back to back, they are probably having the best mercato out of all teams in Serie A.

·
Banned
316 Posts
Maybe, they are a better team then AC Milan at the moment, Fiorentina have Joaquin, Gomez, Illicic, Ljajic, so as you can see great attacking line, but don't forget, Juve still have a solid squad, so it would be challenging, not to mention now Napoli got money from Cavani transfer and now they've got players like Callejon and Albiol and are looking into Reina and Higuain they will be a threat to Fiorentina title hope, they also have players such Inler, Hamsik, Insigne, and with the management of Rafa Benitez I think Napoli could pose a serious threat, especially as they finished second last season. can you think about how great the Serie A will be next season, I still think that Juve might win it, but Fiorentina and Napoli both give a threat to Juventus title hopes. All I know is next season Serie A will be very very interesting.

·
Registered
45,352 Posts
No. They finished 17 points behind Juventus in the past season and their problem was hardly the attack but the defense. They have changed attack because Jovetic wanted to leave but whether Ilicic, Gomez and Rossi can be an improvement or not, Fiorentina can hardly score more than 72 goals (the goals they have scored in the past season).

·
Registered
29,138 Posts
Rossi is a great if, with over a year basically sidelined (and speed being the major asset before).

Serie A selling it's best players every year as we've been accustomed to, but at least with some very interesting addition in the levels below.

·
Registered
12,131 Posts
Fio had two key weaknesses last season: lack of a CF and lack of a B2B/DM. Montella had Pizarro and Borja Valero working hard off the ball, and they did well and generated good ball-winning stats, but Fio leaked quite a few goals and lost out during transitions because they didn't have a proper ball-winner. Gomez is perfect for them, and lets see if they succeed in signing Nainggolan or a facsimile.

Regardless, whether they sign a decent B2B or not, they're a favorite for top-3 but aren't scudetto material. I don't think Juve will have it easy and will just run away with the scudetto because Fio, Milan, and Napoli all have or are building impressive teams, but we remain the favorites. If Fio signs a good B2B, they'll have a CL place locked for next season irrespective of whoever else Milan and Napoli sign.

Ljajic was twice the player Jojo was in the last half of the season. Now, they've Rossi back too. Jojo, who was only fully fit and in form for 1/3 of last season and 1/2 of the season before, won't be missed. The overrated and inconsistent Ilicic will be their only bad transfer since and including last summer.

·
Registered
7,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They are looking for julio cesar now, to me he is missing puzzle for fiorentina . If fiorentina deliver this transfer, back to back years they had the best mercato.

·
Registered
23,824 Posts
This gonna be like the "Can Roma win the scudetto now" thread and propel Fiorentina to a sad midtable finish. :sad:

·
Registered
12,131 Posts
inter might be a totally different team after thohir takes over. depends on how much he's going to spend in the mercato and whether he'll make the right decisions regarding signing the right (in terms of quality and type of players needed) players. moratti wants a good amount of control over footballing matters, so maybe inter's transfer dealings will remain lulzy.

This gonna be like the "Can Roma win the scudetto now" thread and propel Fiorentina to a sad midtable finish. :sad:
it's not even comparable.

the zeman/roma/attacking-soccer-loving fanboys claimed last summer that roma will finish 2nd when the quality of the team was far below that level, the coach even shittier, and when they did badly the season prior without much improvement in 2012-2013 in comparison.

fiorentina, on the other hand, had a quality squad and quality coach who would be playing in the CL this season if not for some dumbfounding refereeing in the last matchday, they added even more quality to the team for this season and so far addressed 2 of the 3 key weaknesses by signing great names, and the majority now are instead predicting a top-3 finish.

great analogy, lol.

·
Registered
17,495 Posts
Agree with pav, Fiorentina have continuity with a very good coach in Montella, and they have improved upon an already solid team. No comparison with the wishful thinking of the Roma thread.

However, there are still quite a few unknown in terms of how well the players they've brought in will perform.

But i wouldn't be surprised if they challenge for the Scudetto.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
I think Fio can do it but like Tone said the defence is a bit of a worry,but I think with Montella they surely can win something the Scudetto is a possibility.

·
Registered
13,397 Posts
Can Fiorentina get PK's to save them when things get rough?

No? then No they can't win the scudetto.
U sure? Cuz they got 2 of these when it REALLY mattered.

pyUpN1V_uew

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
No doubt about they can push till the end for the Scudetto. Apart from Juventus the rest of the league is looking really interesting.

Not sure what to expect from the Milan clubs..they are still incomplete. Napoli and Fiorentina have both sold their top players but will go into next season stronger in many respects. Lazio have built great continuity over the last few seasons and can play with anyone in Italy. While who knows how Roma will perform after another overhaul of the coaching staff and players.

·
Laziale, Independent
6,075 Posts
Superb mercato, but they will fall short due to playing EL action.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts