Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
1st Tier Poster
50,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I say yes, but only if they suffer some embarassing results in the qualification campaign to slow down the inevitable hype machine and lower expectations.

It's now or never when WC2010 comes - key players like Lampard, Terry, Ferdinand, Gerrard, Ashley and Joe Cole are at their prime footballer age.

They have the talent and they have a winning manager with tactical know-how plus they're playing inside the Commonwealth. :)

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Can they? yes

Will they? Probably not, but at the moment on paper England have as good a team as any until maybe the number 9 (and number 1).

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
Ha, ha....one good game doesnt make us a World beating team. Time will tell but the main thing for England fans I think, is the fact that we won a game against a very good side in their own back yard and with a bit of flair.........havent seen it for 7 years!

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Ha, ha....one good game doesnt make us a World beating team. Time will tell but the main thing for England fans I think, is the fact that we won a game against a very good side in their own back yard and with a bit of flair.........havent seen it for 7 years!
I wouldnt totally agree, under Eriksson you won quite a few trciky away games.

·
In Exile
5,398 Posts
SIR YES SIR. They can and they will. They won Andorra and Croatia, and that's the ultimate proof. That's something for example Australia never did (beating Andorra, I mean).

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Without a doubt, 100% FACT that England won't only win the next World Cup, but also the next Euro and then World Cup 2014. No question whatsoever. They're going to win easily. Perhaps England will win in 2018, but it's too early to tell, but they probably will because they're just THAT good.

Theo Walcott is already better than Messi. He's going to lead England to World Cup after World Cup and be considered the greatest player ever. Guaranteed.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Theo Walcott is already better than Messi. He's going to lead England to World Cup after World Cup and be considered the greatest player ever. Guaranteed.
This paragraph is true :thumbsup:

The world will always remember the Brave National Coach named Sven brought the young teenager (with his girlfriend) to the world cup. It all started from there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
The fact that we beat Andorra by more than one goal in Andorra was the main indicator of our future world domination.

Teams don't just go there and win by so many goals (i.e. more than none) :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
no. they will probably storm into the quarter finals and lose to a superior side.
and just for the record croatia are going to beat england at wembley, but nevertheless they are better than croatia.
would the english media ever have guessed that england just managing to draw croatia would have been so significant. they want to compete with the likes of spain and brazil, not undermining croatia because they are fantastic, but i think england can stop being negative and actually know that they are very good, all they do need is a world class coach.

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
how many cups has Capelo won?

you have the answer...

·
Premium Member
11,360 Posts
They will go out on penalties as usual after a typical cowardly gameplan by Capello in the 1/8 finals or quarters.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
England not only will win the World Cup next time, but also Copa America, too. They're just the best football country in the world. Shame all the World Cups and Euros were fixed because if they weren't, England would have all the titles !!

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
England not only will win the World Cup next time, but also Copa America, too. They're just the best football country in the world. Shame all the World Cups and Euros were fixed because if they weren't, England would have all the titles !!
Who is this guy seriously?? Every post you post is straight garbage, take you stupid non funny comments outta here faker :notlist:

1 - 20 of 101 Posts