Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
His tactics has totally collapsed. Players' attitude was awful. Personal decisions were wrong...

To conclude - it can only be better now ;) :D

Seriously speaking. If we play too defensively on Monday, Portugal will score three goals and we will go home. Their weakness is defence, so we must take some risk at last!

Engel trusts players who won the qualifiers. He has no real choice as there's no time to experiment now, but they're really disappointing. Perhaps he could replace Zewlakow with Rzasa and Krzyszalowicz with Kucharski... And what about right midfield?... I thought Kozminski was the best option, but I was wrong either. Of all those capable of playing there (Kozminski, Krzynowek, Swierczewski, Hajto, Sibik, Zurawski) I'd go for the last name now. Obviously, Zurawski is a striker, but he used to play as an attacking midfielder in Lech and as a right midfielder in Wisla a few years ago. He doesn't lack stamina or pace. His defensive skills are probably weaker, but what was left to defend?...

Anyway, I want to see a CONCEPT. I want to see us PLAYING FOOTBALL. I want to see us FIGHTING.

Then I'll be happy - even if we lose. This is football.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Yes i agree, i have been wondering what we could have done differently.
I may be very wrong about this but are you able to take a squad of 25 players to the WC and we took 24? i was thinking of Kosowski left and krzynowek right??
definatly swap rzasa with zewlakow!
hey u definatly know our squad has problems when michal zewlakow is our best freekicker hehe what a joke!
strikers??? we definatly need much speed although i think we have that covered with olisadebe(as long as they stop hitting high balls we carn't win and send some decent through balls.)
adopt a pressing game against portugal to put much pressure on them like the koreans did very sucessfully to us. Kucharski is a player who demands much attention and balls and last game our strikers got none!
finally what about trying Murawski instead of kaluzny or kozminski??

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
I think you need Kaluzny in there for set pieces, etc...

The main thing is to play somwhat of a pressing game. Make Portugal give up the ball, that way we can actually tru a counter game with short passes. It makes no sense to lay off everyone.

Anyway, i don't see Engel changing anything as he has stated in the press that he is dissapointed with some of the players' performances. Especially the forwards:eek: . How can they be responsible for not receiving one good pass on the ground.

It will be the same thing, but against a better team that S. Korea. A 1-0 loss would be a dream, but i'm setting myself up for 3 or 4-0.:depress:

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
[
finally what about trying Murawski instead of kaluzny or kozminski?? [/B][/QUOTE]

thats even worse than putting on bak, are u kidding me theres nobody that is worthy of replacng kaluzny, plus this is a world cup game so we gotta go with the players that got us here and this aint the time for drastic expermintation. poland has to take some chances in this game, this is our one and only chance so forgot being cautious and lest just atack.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
I don't think we have an attack mentality. There was absolutely no hunger in the team. Gaping holes everywhere. If it was not Poland out there, but another team, I would say they are hopeless and may as well pack up. But since they are my country, I can't. In the WC the heart rules the mind.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I certainly hope that Poland can get better (Poland are my second team - my wife is Polish).

It just seemed they are not equipped for the long ball game - Olisadebe got very poor service :depress:

The one good thing for Poland is that the only way is up. Hopefully they'll actually pass the ball - they should beat the Usa, and I hope they can overcome Portugal's awful defence.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Supposedly Engel said that he might give a chance to a few new players - Rzasa, Kucharski and Glowacki.

As to Murawski - no way. He's far too defensive player. We must take every chance to score and Kaluzny's ability of capitalizing on set pieces may be useful (hopefully on Monday).

·
Registered
535 Posts
Why not play Kucharski as an offensive mid, and have Olisadebe and Zurawski up front? Have Rzasa play as midfielder as well, and get rid of that damn Swierczewski. I swear, the loss to Korea was mostly due to his inept play. I watched plenty of OM games last year, and he didn't do anything there as well! Let him go back to Nowy Sacz and tend his damn bar!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts