Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think Rafa Benitez is and could be the man who could bring the Premiership back to Anfield?Given time to do his work is this possible in your eyes?

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
ya :happy: give him some time.... :thmbup:

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
We will be challenging very soon, I think the Premiership will have 4 very good teams soon (Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal and ManU) so it will be hard but certainly possible.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It seems not many of you agree. :tongue:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Absolutely Brilliant Manager. Considering all the injuries that plagued the squad this season, his feat is even better.

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
He'll have to break into Chelsea's trophy room first but the ultimate success factor will be a fast getaway car :D

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
We have a pretty good squad and Rafa should improve it in the summer by jettisoning the garbage and bringing in some more quality. Tactically I'm only worried by formation changes with one up front, three at the back and generally away form worrying me. If we can pick up on away form our home form has been very good anyway

Premiership 2004/5 - home form guide

1. Chelsea 41 pts, 17 games
2. Man Utd 38 pts, 16 games
3. Liverpool 36 pts, 17 games
4. Arsenal 35 pts, 16 games
5. Everton 34 pts, 17 games
6= Bolton 29 pts, 17 games
6= Aston Villa 29 pts, 17 games
8. Tottenham 28 pts, 17 games

Premiership 2004/5 - away form guide

1. Chelsea 41 pts, 16 games
2. Arsenal 36 pts, 17 games
3. Man Utd 29 pts, 17 games
4. Bolton 24 pts, 17 games
5. Everton 23 pts, 16 games
6. Tottenham 20 pts, 17 games
7. Middlesboro 19 pts, 16 games
8. Liverpool 18 pts, 17 games

·
Registered
204 Posts
Yes. Without doubt. Just as Houlllier was predicted as doing so in his first two years, because he "just needs a little time". And the more you all sing that song to the tune of La Bamba, the quicker it will be. I reckon.

Keep up the good work, us normal people NEED entertaining.

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Liverpool needs a squad to compete for the title. Right now they don't even have a complete starting 11. At the start of next season they should in principle have the balanced and strong starting 11 to get things started in that direction. The money coming in from their CL run will help a lot and it would help even more if they can get into next season's edition which means 20 million Euros approximately.

A lot depends on how Liverpool perform next season. They should be fighting for the guaranteed CL spot (2nd position) at least at this time next season to have realistic ambitions for the title the season after that.

·
Registered
28,738 Posts
the chelsea trophy room is tiny compared to the pool and there biggest challenge will be to emulate liverpool 70's and 80's. liverpool under rafa i believe we can win it. but it takes time and a quick fix like italian clubs tend to do with employing many managers is never the key.

he is a workaholic and doesnt make excuses so that keeps him in good stand.

imagine the status of he who brings the title back 2 anfield.

bill shankly once said at dixie deans funeral that dixie would be proud that his funeral had more people than everton do at home. fish you are an everton supporter how can you say your a quote 'normal' person.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Fish said:
Yes. Without doubt. Just as Houlllier was predicted as doing so in his first two years, because he "just needs a little time". And the more you all sing that song to the tune of La Bamba, the quicker it will be. I reckon.

Keep up the good work, us normal people NEED entertaining.
T1T. We'll be a damn sight closer to the title than the blueshite, can't be long before the fantasy goes back to reality and you're scrapping down the bottom to avoid relegation where you belong

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
arfy05 said:
the chelsea trophy room is tiny compared to the pool and there biggest challenge will be to emulate liverpool 70's and 80's.
yes but I assumed you wanted a shiny, new trophy, not a dusty one from the 80s :D

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Liverpool can be battling for 3rd spot the next season with United, season after that is when a title challenge may come i reckon.

·
Registered
11,521 Posts
If Liverpool fails to qualify for the UCL next season, it will be a big shock. They need money to buy a match-winning squad. As much as I am excited by their performances this season, I have to admit that they still need a lot more to produce the consistency to win the league. They need quality squad and for that matter they need money and for that matter they HAVE TO qualify for the UCL next season or it will just drag the whole thing and board/fans/players would simply loose patience. No matter how much we all say that let Rafa have some time , typically ...he IS short of time. One disastrous match in FA Cup this season and everyone was ready to ditch him off. One disastrous match in UEFA Cup next season (if they fail to qualify for UCL) ...and the countdown will start. Football ...its such a fickle sport. :nasty:

OT: I would love to see Steven Gerrard in Arsenal FC ;)

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
It's not how much you spend it is how you spend it. Much of Chelsea's dominance in the league is based on their defence, to be honest I still rate the Arsenal 1st XI better than Chelsea's 1st choice but Chelsea make the most of their solid defence. If Man Utd had had van diver knocking in 20 goals this season I reckon there'd still be a title race on, if Arsenal could sort their defence out with a couple of quality signings I reckon there will be one next season

·
Registered
204 Posts
arfy05 said:

bill shankly once said at dixie deans funeral that dixie would be proud that his funeral had more people than everton do at home. fish you are an everton supporter how can you say your a quote 'normal' person.
And as that man's wife said, he died an Evertonian, because LFC had so much respect for him they made him pay to go to games, whereas Everton let him in as a VIP.

Oh, wait, they honoured him with some gates. After he was dead. Nice one.

·
Registered
204 Posts
And Owzat, so what if we go back to being shite next year? I'd prefer to progress from here, but with Everton you never know, it is just great being along for the ride. You can't take away Carsley's goal in the derby, Duncan's against your new second team, and all the wins that were unexpected like Palace away.

It is great to be a blue, but this year, it is priceless listening to whiners like you.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Owzat said:
It's not how much you spend it is how you spend it. Much of Chelsea's dominance in the league is based on their defence, to be honest I still rate the Arsenal 1st XI better than Chelsea's 1st choice but Chelsea make the most of their solid defence. If Man Utd had had van diver knocking in 20 goals this season I reckon there'd still be a title race on, if Arsenal could sort their defence out with a couple of quality signings I reckon there will be one next season
The obvious key to winning the premiership is having a good defence,In a league where defences are so often split apart.Chelsea have one far superior to both Man U and Arsenal.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts