Xtratime Community banner

will they choke it away?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· 1st Tier Poster
55,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So they have a 5 point lead when almost half of the season is over.

Last time they won the league was almost two decades ago.

Will they choke it away?

Or will it be another unexpected small-club triumph a la Leicester City?

· Registered
15,508 Posts
Can win, yes, especially if they make 1-2 key depth signings and have a decent injury record. I didn't like Arteta going crazy the other day, not a great sign IMO. But they are playing very well and have excellent players.

Perhaps more important, it seems a potentially weak-ish season for Manchester City and Liverpool for their standards of the last few seasons, so they will drop more points that they are used. I don't think Newcastle or Manchester United are there yet, and neither are Spurs.

· Registered
42,116 Posts
I wouldn't have minded Arsenal winning the league this time around. It's been bang on 20 years since the last one.

Then I saw Arteta going absolutely mental, the worst I've seen any manager and it's only January. Can you imagine him in the run up

· Registered
75,793 Posts
Hope they win it. An old friend of mine was a huge Arsenal fan and he passed away in 2020. Also they haven't won it in a while like Andy and Ronaldwho? wrote (though Andy calling Arsenal a small club is silly, I guess it was a troll attempt)

· Registered
75,793 Posts
I remember Arteta really struggled at the start so if he ends up winning the league the management of Arsenal deserve a lot of credit for keeping the faith in him when there was pressure to fire him. A bit like Scaloni who was initially poor for Argentina.. shows that stability is important.

· Registered
75,793 Posts
It's only thin up front thanks to the Jesus injury. They've got all other positions covered more or less.
If Odegaard gets injured who takes his place though?

· MVP
9,170 Posts
Serious title intent with the Man united victory. Their squad are thin as the comments mentioned above, but Arteta (and the players) understand where they're at right now. It's a very delicate situation coz bottling it is deep in Arsenal's DNA (not trolling here), so if Arteta and the boys maintain this run, they could go all the way. Personally, I don't see them bottling it. I foresee a difficult month for them soon, with one or two losses, some draws, and when that happens (coz it is happening) that's going to be the true test for Arteta and Arsenal of their ability to pick themselves up and finish the job.

Short answer: Arsenal gonna win the EPL this year, and they're playing like it.

Reactions: Jeffrey
1 - 20 of 29 Posts