Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well pretty hard to get an answer for this question...are they capable of doing it like what LIVERPOOL did last season???..well they also paired up with juventus... :sweeteye:

gud luck arsenal :thumbsup:

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
They can win it but it depends on the coach to go against convention by benching the regulars of this club for the past half decade or so. I don't think he has the guts or balls to do that but if he does it, they have a chance as good as any.

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Al Capone said:
On-ree? The tit?
Only 4 veterans can be played. If Wenger exceeds that number then he runs the risk of wasting all this effort to get to the QF in style. He can't be playing Lehmann, On-Ree, Pires, Bergkamp, Queerberg, Cule, Campbell, Lauren in the side. That is just playing like the Arsenal of old and we all know what will happen then.

He needs to put faith in the new players at the club because they haven't learnt the art of choking in Europe.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
They can, but if they go through Juve and the likes of Milan and Barca are still there I doubt they will.

·
Registered
711 Posts
juve were one of the teams i was hoping to aviod (facing viera is going to be a bad case of nostalgia), but i think we can do it.

coming against a team like juve is a totally different proposition then facing real madrid, but with our midfield and makeshift defence in the best form it has been all season, we have a decent chance to take out the CL.

·
Registered
13,621 Posts
i would play
Lehman

ebou-kolo--sol---cole

hleb--cesc--glberto---reyes

henry---rvp

I hate these threads, i just hope we beat juve first

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
course we can, the only team i fear is Barcelona and hopefully Milan can knock them out, with 3 teams from Italy in our way then why not? we do well against these teams always.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Judging from results of European games since the beginning of the millenium, it seems there is some game of rock, scissors, paper played in Europe in that:

The Italian teams generally eliminate the Spanish teams,
The Spanish teams generally eliminate the English teams, and
The English teams generally eliminate the Italian teams.

There are exceptions to this game of course (like Milan knocking out ManU last year :D) but in general that's the trend.

I'm not sure about Arsenal winning the CL but for some unexplained reasons I'm quite confident on putting my money on you guys beating Juve :hopefull:

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
course we can, the only team i fear is Barcelona and hopefully Milan can knock them out, with 3 teams from Italy in our way then why not? we do well against these teams always.
Nice thought but who is gonna knock out Lyon? :D

The equation for Arsenal, Milan, Inter and Ajax is pretty much simple. They will win something for sure. They will either win the CL or win fvck all. :tongue: I am not updated on Villareal and Benfica.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Haroon said:
The equation for Arsenal, Milan, Inter and Ajax is pretty much simple. They will win something for sure. They will either win the CL or win fvck all. :tongue: I am not updated on Villareal and Benfica.
:eekani: :eekani: :eekani:

Didn't you know Ajax got knocked out by Inter yesterday? :D

EDIT: You're right, Ajax will win fvck all this season :tongue:

·
Registered
13,621 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
im hoping benefica knock out juve and lyon knock out milan

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
ilgenio said:
:eekani: :eekani: :eekani:

Didn't you know Ajax got knocked out by Inter yesterday? :D

EDIT: You're right, Ajax will win fvck all this season :tongue:
:howler:

Man ... that post of mine sucks! :googly: So how many teams are in a do or die in the UCL now?

Arsenal, Milan and Inter are there.

What about Villareal and Benfica? Are they still playing for local cup or is the UCL the last resort?

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Twayka said:
im hoping benefica knock out juve and lyon knock out milan

The only way that Benfica knocks out Juve is if they meet in the final. :tongue: That means you and us have won nada. :lala:

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
well as i said hopefully Milan will knock out Barca, i thought it was self explanatory, though i forgot that logic wasn't everyone's strong point. ;)
I got it the first time but the manner in which you presume that Milan is already in the semi-final came as a scary bit to me and therefore I reminded of Lyon.

I think we will lose the first leg in France and win the second leg in Italia. :eekani: This tie is touch and go and not a given.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Haroon said:
:howler:

Man ... that post of mine sucks! :googly: So how many teams are in a do or die in the UCL now?

Arsenal, Milan and Inter are there.

What about Villareal and Benfica? Are they still playing for local cup or is the UCL the last resort?
Well, somehow what ilgenio said is usually true with some exceptions. At least, Milan is the least Italian of the Italians. :D Well... Inter don't belong to this world. :howler: I'd prefer to face Lyon instead of Milan, because Milan have a special talent for the CL, not because one is clearly better than the other.

About Villarreal. They're fighting for a place in CL or UEFA Cup and they can't get relaxed for it. Their big danger is that they don't have anything to lose in the CL. The pressure isn't on them. They're the team with less pressure of the last 8, for sure. And they have talent. They are not the best for sure, but they can beat anyone any day and the CL is not always won by the best team in Europe.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts