Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking through the fixture list:

Arsenal have Ipswich, West Ham, Bolton, ManU, and Everton coming up.

ManU have Ipswich, Arsenal, Charlton
----------
Arsenal have a pretty easy finish, on paper. But Ipswich and Bolton will be fighting to avoid relegation. West Ham are always a tough opponent.

But the question is, can or will Arsenal slip up? They last dropped points in the EPL in February in a draw against Southampton. They've played consistently throughout this season and do just enough to win. They've been lucky on a couple of occassions as well.

Personally, I think they will drop points at least once during the next few games. Probably against West Ham before the United game where they'll lose.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I don't think Arsenal will slip up, we're just too good. And when you say we've been lucky on a few occasions, can you please name them, because I disagree with you. Maybe you think we've been lucky with our injuries and suspension?
Arsenal are the only team who really deserve to win the Title.

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
it's possible that they will slip up, but i don't think they will.

Do they have West Ham way or at home?

·
Registered
775 Posts
I Wish they will lose and MAN U wins all of there matches:)

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Question is, DO we want them to slip up?

After all let's face it, if they slip up and then we beat them, it means Liverpool would be winning the title and I'm not gonna have any of that!

I say, IF Liverpool slip up, then I'd be happy about Arsenal slipping up...

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
im with u leibero..... it would tarnish the image of football if liverpool win it.... its just something which shouldnt be allowed to happen

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm with you, Liebero. Liverpool should not win the league. That would be a stain on what has otherwise been a fantastic EPL season.

As for Arsenal's lucky results, the Tottenham game with Lauren's penalty comes to mind as the most recent.

If both Pool and Arsenal can slip up, then I'd be happy. I'd prefer neither of them to win but at least I have a sliver of respect for Arsenal.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Well 64 mins gone and its still 0-0 between Arsenal and Ipswich.Both had some good oppurtunities to score however failed to take them.:eek:

If Arsenal draw this one and then lose against United that would leave Liverpool a point ahead of us and therefoere they'd win the league.We certainly dont want that to happen,do we;)

Spurs has to take some points off Pool next weekend because otherwise I cannot see GH's men dropping points anywhere else.And it really would be a tragedy to see such a team represent the best of English football.:mad::mad:

·
International
9,526 Posts
to be honest, if we don't win it I'm not that fanatically interested in the team that does. I'm not a fan of either the cockneys or the scousers, so couldn't give a monkey's either way. But at the moment, its looking like the soft southerners have the edge;)

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
interesting point of view freddie, which i share. if they both continue on their current form it could provide us with further inspiration for winning in europe as compensation for domestic failure. atleast then we can say that we were saving ourselves for the big one, but it's always nice to win the league.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
but it's always nice to win the league.
Its just great to win the Championship.However its looking highly unlikely that we can pull it off this time.Still keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for both the teams to slip-up.:angel: :angel:

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
If only Liverpool or Man U could have taken some points off Arsenal earlier... Now, it looks unlikely that Arsenal are going to slip up. Dun worry about meeting Arsenal at OT. We will be right behind you.:)

paw;)

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
To allow Liverpool to win the title would be a disaster. We can't let it happen! :mad:

If we beat Arsenal then maybe the Scousers can steal the title, thats if Arsenal slip up on thier last game/s.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts